TSP Archives
Discussion: NSA General Corps - Printable Version

+- TSP Archives (https://archive.tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: The Cat-Tribe Hall of Records (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=172)
+---- Forum: Government Workings (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=215)
+----- Forum: Assembly Archive (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=189)
+----- Thread: Discussion: NSA General Corps (/showthread.php?tid=1281)

Pages: 1 2 3

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Belschaft - 05-03-2013

In accordance with the Code of Laws, the Assembly having rejecting one of the Minister of the Army's nominations for the General Corp, the Assembly may now suggest a candidate or candidates in place of the rejected nominee. As such, I open the floor to discussion and nominations.

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Antariel - 05-03-2013

*Cough* Tongue  Hey guys.

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Eluvatar - 05-03-2013

Rolleyes

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Milograd - 05-03-2013

Quote:*Cough* Tongue  Hey guys.
Is that a meaningful cough?

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Hileville - 05-03-2013

Quote:Is that a meaningful cough?

I second the nomination of meaningful cough.

Discussion: NSA General Corps - mcmasterdonia - 05-04-2013

I'd like to hear from people about why they opposed Hileville's appointment to the General Corps and to the CSS? I feel that he is definitely qualified.

I suggest Belschaft for the General Corps.

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Awesomiasa - 05-04-2013

I third the nomination of meaningful cough by Antariel! :tsp:

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Rebel-topia - 05-04-2013

I dont think meaningful cough is right for this position... he only comes out to play when they've been nominated for something... Tongue

I nominate Ant for the GC

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Antariel - 05-04-2013

As someone who 'nayed' Hile; my view is that we should avoid nomming Hile to like every position within TSP, not because I doubt his ability, but because I feel it makes us vulnerable to 'oligarchy' accusations; responding to a coup by nominating veterans to everything doesn't look great. If people want to nom me (and I believe as MoFA I already sit on the CSS, so am already in quite a few positions) that's fine, and I guess I've done a fair bit militarily now, but I'd rather have a young up and comer who wants to get really involved militarily filling out the last position.

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Loh - 05-04-2013

Quote:I dont think meaningful cough is right for this position... he only comes out to play when they've been nominated for something... Tongue

I nominate Ant for the GC

I second this Tongue

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Drugged Monkeys - 05-04-2013

I would like to have someone active as a General, that is why Hileville was my first choice. Not knowing he would be nominated for the other positions. I do think he doesn't intend on being VD forever, and he enjoys being active in the NSA very much.

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Belschaft - 05-04-2013

Thank you for the nomination McM, but I decline it. I lack the regular update activity, especially at Major update, the role needs. My days of staying up to 6AM to raid/defend are largely behind me.

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Minbaric Federal Zones - 05-05-2013

Quote:I'd like to hear from people about why they opposed Hileville's appointment to the General Corps and to the CSS? I feel that he is definitely qualified.

I suggest Belschaft for the General Corps.

I, like Ant placed a nay vote to Hileville. It is my position that no person should hold more than one position in government. As the vice-delegate, it is inappropriate for him exercise additional governmental functions. It's not a matter of his qualification, it's a matter of prudential separation and dissociation of power.

While I certainly believe that Antariel ought be at least privy to the goings on of this CSS, I would object to anything more than an overseeing role for her on the same grounds.

Someone else from either the military OR someone involved in the "justice department" (someone who's volunteered as a public defender perhaps) would be more appropriate, although I could support anyone who is not otherwise serving as an elected official.

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Hileville - 05-05-2013

I am sorry, Ant but I cannot and will not support you as a General. You voted no against me because you "don't want us to look like an oligarchy" you by your position in Cabinet are on the CSS and Minister of Foreign Affairs, You are/were also a Deputy Minister of Security/Army. Because of your time zone it also makes it very difficult for you to be on at major update which is when the SPA did and NSA will presumably be running most operations.

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Antariel - 05-05-2013

I'm a he, MFZ Tongue

Hile, if you read my post, you see I'm not really hugely keen on it?

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Topid - 05-05-2013

As someone who didn't vote because I thought I had already voted, and would have made Hile the General had I voted, I nominate Hile. Tongue

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Southern Bellz - 05-05-2013

I renominate Hile.

I missed voting by I would have supported him over myself. (if it came down to it)

I encourage everyone who supported me to support Hile.

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Alv - 05-05-2013

Quote:I renominate Hile.

I missed voting by I would have supported him over myself. (if it came down to it)

I encourage everyone who supported me to support Hile.
I missed voting as well, I 2nd the renomination.

Discussion: NSA General Corps - tsunamy - 05-06-2013

This is nothing against Hile -- I voted for him for General Corps -- but I don't think he should be renominated. I understand people missed the vote, but we can't simply renominate until enough people vote for him.

How about Bellz for General Corps?

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Southern Bellz - 05-06-2013

I do not have an interest in the position, but thanks for your consideration.

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Antariel - 05-06-2013

Quote:This is nothing against Hile -- I voted for him for General Corps -- but I don't think he should be renominated. I understand people missed the vote, but we can't simply renominate until enough people vote for him.

This. Otherwise it's distinctly dubious.

Discussion: NSA General Corps - mcmasterdonia - 05-06-2013

That's okay Belschaft I know the feeling.

Besides you then, I guess meaningful cough is the only option left, if we want a new comer who doesn't hold many positions in government yet. Though Meaningful Cough kind of has a cult of personality now and arguably is the most powerful citizen of TSP.

In all seriousness though.. I can't think of anyone else for this position besides the people already suggested, and Ant already has enough duties in the government as it is.

*Doesn't like that we need 3 generals*

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Antariel - 05-06-2013

I nominate Awe.

Discussion: NSA General Corps - Awesomiasa - 05-06-2013

I most respectfully decline. Mostly due to my timezone and that I've finals this year. Sorry!

Discussion: NSA General Corps - mcmasterdonia - 05-06-2013

Well in that case, I nominate Sheepa.