TSP Archives
Regional Awards - Printable Version

+- TSP Archives (https://archive.tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: The Cat-Tribe Hall of Records (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=172)
+---- Forum: Government Workings (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=215)
+----- Forum: Assembly Archive (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=189)
+----- Thread: Regional Awards (/showthread.php?tid=1419)

Pages: 1 2

Regional Awards - Milograd - 04-16-2013

We now have a fancy "awards" feature on the board thanks to Hile's ability to actually use the IPB ACP, so I was thinking we could possibly legislate something about certain awards. It could also tie back to or be based on our previous awards legislation, which we might be more inclined to use this time around given the fact that we have the new feature.

Anyone interested?

Regional Awards - God-Emperor - 04-16-2013

Very.

Regional Awards - Southern Bellz - 04-16-2013

will i get my freakin cat tribe award yet? lmao

Regional Awards - Hileville - 04-16-2013

Quote:will i get my freakin cat tribe award yet? lmao

Sure.  As soon as are archaeology department digs it up.  As it has been quite some time since that was supposed to be given out.

Regional Awards - Belschaft - 04-16-2013

Quote:will i get my freakin cat tribe award yet? lmao
Only if it's awarded before the award itself is abolished Tongue

Regional Awards - Milograd - 04-17-2013

We should have an award for impressive journalistic contributions to SPINN and it should be named after Sedge. Tongue

Regional Awards - God-Emperor - 04-17-2013

We should name all of our awards after war criminals.

Regional Awards - Awesomiasa - 04-17-2013

I'll need a TSP History Contributor Award to be made!

Regional Awards - God-Emperor - 04-17-2013

Not a bad idea.

Regional Awards - Belschaft - 04-18-2013

I had a similar idea a while back but never got around to presenting it to the assembly. I'll track down some graphics I made for it.

As you may note Carta now has a Gold Garland, for extraordinary service to the region. I'm just testing the image out and will take it away at some point soon (once he's had time to enjoy it).

Regional Awards - Awesomiasa - 04-18-2013

Quote:As you may note Carta now has a Gold Garland, for extraordinary service to the region. I'm just testing the image out and will take it away at some point soon (once he's had time to enjoy it).

Hey Belschaft, can I just ask, which image editor did you use to make that? Smile

Quote:Hey Belschaft, can I just ask, which image editor did you use to make that? Smile
Paint.net

I've uploaded another version of the Garland on myself, for comparison. I personally prefer this version.

Now, to explain my intent;

What I had in mind was a series of Garland's denoting service in various capacities that the Assembly could vote to citizens (yes, I have stolen this directly from the Roman Republic). In some cases, such as when an individual stands down after a term as delegate, the vote would be largely a formality but in others it would matter more (where there is less of a defined way to receive the award).

Another option would be a series of badges, issued to an individual when they take over a certain office; one for MoFA, one for MoS, one for CoA etc.

As a note (largely to myself) the side bar is exactly 139 pixels wide. If you're making an award do not exceed this width.

Where did you get the TSP symbol from though?

That one? I redrew it, using the one on the flag as a guide, much the same way I did with the GGR ribbon.

Ah. I found the logo on Google. Shall use that

Regional Awards - Milograd - 04-18-2013

I have a handful of medal/award ideas:<ul class="bbc">

[*]For participating in the liberation efforts during the Devonitians coup

[*]For excellence in cabinet service

[*]For excellence in delegate service

[*]For excellence as an ambassador

[*]For excellence as a soldier

[*]For excellence in journalism

[*]For excellence in general service to the region

[*]An award that could be distributed in honor of heroic or honorable actions

[*]The Cat-Tribe Award

[/list]I could make the graphics. On top of this, we will obviously have ribbons for military missions.

Regional Awards - God-Emperor - 04-18-2013

Ya can call the excellence as an ambassador award the God-Emperor award, if I want.  I don't mind.

Regional Awards - Hileville - 04-18-2013

Can you make the images for the awards you added smaller?

This will fill up the area really quick.

Smaller I can make them.

I'd also strongly suggest that, regardless of what awards we establish, we make sure to consider the scarcity principle. If we have too many awards handed out of too often then they lose value.

Regional Awards - God-Emperor - 04-18-2013

Very.

Regional Awards - Milograd - 04-18-2013

I wholeheartedly agree.