TSP Archives
Abolishment of the Election Commission - Printable Version

+- TSP Archives (https://archive.tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: The Cat-Tribe Hall of Records (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=172)
+---- Forum: Government Workings (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=215)
+----- Forum: Assembly Archive (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=189)
+----- Thread: Abolishment of the Election Commission (/showthread.php?tid=1586)

Abolishment of the Election Commission - Milograd - 03-14-2013

Frankly, the election commission is dead weight, and I think it's something that the administrators can and should run.

Would everyone else be fine with that? We can amend our laws to reflect that during this GC.

Abolishment of the Election Commission - tsunamy - 03-14-2013

Quote:Frankly, the election commission is dead weight, and I think it's something that the administrators can and should run.

Would everyone else be fine with that? We can amend our laws to reflect that during this GC.

Agreed. As long as there's an active admin who isn't running in the election, I think that's all that's really needed.

Abolishment of the Election Commission - Belschaft - 03-14-2013

This was on my list. Nice to see someone else get there first  :wub:

The way things work, if we can't trust the admins and GM's then we're fucked. I can rig any election I want. It's that simple. Having the EC is paper security measure, no more.

Abolishment of the Election Commission - God-Emperor - 03-14-2013

Agreed, but I'd like GMs to be excluded from the "EC."  Sometimes the appointments are too controversial...Bel, ya should know what I'm talkin' 'bout, right?

Abolishment of the Election Commission - HEM - 03-14-2013

Agreed x 1000.

Abolishment of the Election Commission - tsunamy - 03-14-2013

Quote:The way things work, if we can't trust the admins and GM's then we're fucked. I can rig any election I want. It's that simple. Having the EC is paper security measure, no more.

Shhh! That's something that's not suppose to be stated publically!

Abolishment of the Election Commission - Drugged Monkeys - 03-14-2013

I like the idea, but excluded the mods from running in elections is not fair.

If you're runnin' in an election, ya shouldn't be a member of the admin 'election commission'.

But It would make no difference if you were or not. How would that affect the election process?

If the results were contested, it'd affect it greatly.

That's why we don't have a one person mod team. We have I think 8 or more total mods and GM's.

Abolishment of the Election Commission - Belschaft - 03-14-2013

Normal mods aren't an issue; they only have powers in specific areas. As for GM's, same as admins they're people we trust.

I do agree however that the elections should be run by a mod or admin not running for anything; if there isn't one we can appoint a special election commissioner as needed.

Quote:Normal mods aren't an issue; they only have powers in specific areas. As for GM's, same as admins they're people we trust.

I do agree however that the elections should be run by a mod or admin not running for anything; if there isn't one we can appoint a special election commissioner as needed.
Sure

I still think it should just be the admins.

Well the two most active are Hile and Carta. SB is semi active even if she doesn't post. And the rest are pretty inactive I think.
Bel, Michu and myself are GM's and we are very active besides maybe Michu at the moment but she is on often.

Limiting it to just the Mods will limit us all, plus it will put the burden on one or two people to arrange the entire election set up, or less if one of them is running for office.

Abolishment of the Election Commission - God-Emperor - 03-15-2013

If they don't plan on runnin' for office, they should declare it before the nomination period begins.  They would make up the 'commission'.

Abolishment of the Election Commission - Drugged Monkeys - 03-15-2013

Yes but we all know how that goes, once nominations start dropping people change their minds

If they declare their intentions beforehand, they shouldn't be nominated.

Abolishment of the Election Commission - Drugged Monkeys - 03-15-2013

Well how soon beforehand?
Sometimes the people that get nominated may not be up to someones expectations, which may make somebody want to run against them.

I think it wouldn't be a bog deal if the mods ran in an election and also ran the election, you could just exclude them from setting up their own polls for whatever position they are running for. Because whether or not your running for a position, as a mod you would still be able to change things anywhere on the forum either way.

While that's the reality, I think perceptions are important, which is why I also think admins should be our elder statesmen, not people that're actively seekin' offices, but I digress.

Abolishment of the Election Commission - Antariel - 03-17-2013

Happy to ditch the EC