TSP Archives
change of the delegate every 6 months... - Printable Version

+- TSP Archives (https://archive.tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: The South Pacific Historical Archives (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=98)
+---- Forum: Old News and Topics (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=204)
+---- Thread: change of the delegate every 6 months... (/showthread.php?tid=4544)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

change of the delegate every 6 months... - polliesalumi - 09-12-2003

time of democracy... time of more partecipation... time of power antitrust... with this poll i propose a "rotation" of the delegate...

change of the delegate every 6 months... - Guest - 09-12-2003

ok I have only been in office for two months, I will vote in this one, I will abstain if you do not mind, I would love to know how people think on this.

people... no FEAR....

to the delegate: isn't important your vote or member of governament....

I know that my vote is not important, but if you don't mind I would like to say something here for everyone, and understand that this is in no way to swing your vote.As the Delegate of the Region I think this is a good idea, every 6 months, unless there is a problem that arises, like the Delegate becoming inactive for more than a few days, the Delegate that we choose(as a Region) turns out to be a little more power hungry than we thought, or they get into office just to change the Fact Book Entry to say that we are part of an Alliance that we do not want to belong too and will not change it back, this will give us more of a say in the running of the Region as a whole.The Delegates could be from the Nations here that we all know and love, we would durning the Council have to knock out some rules for the Delegate Seat of course, but I truly think that it would be a great thing to come into being in the Charter.I hope that you do not mind Polliesalumi that I said this, and I hope that everyone thinks about it before you vote for or against it.

we can create a sicurity sistem....

change of the delegate every 6 months... - THE MATT- DUCK - 09-12-2003

This does not make any sense to me, the nations endorse you, you become delegate, the people don't endorse you, you ain't the delegate no more.as long as you have the votes, your the delegate until the people decide otherwise.Thats the nature of this game...

you don't know democracy matt-duck????do you leave in Iran??? North korea??? Cuba???

I know it is the nature of the game. But maybe if we can get something like this going, maybe just maybe, we can get more people to be active, to stay with us in the hopes of becoming the Delegate, on the understanding that the Council of the South Pacific, every Nation that chooses to be active, are the ones that rule the Region.This gose against the nature of the game granted, but then so dose the Government Body of the South Pacific. It is just a thought from someone that wants to have a say in the South Pacific. If people like it then we will work it out, if people don't then we do not speak of it again.

change of the delegate every 6 months... - Aurellis - 09-12-2003

Actually, as unique as it is, NS is a democracy. People vote with their endorsements on who is delegate. One reason people may not see it is that the vote is constantly checked. There are no breaks. So, in essence, there is an "election" every day. The main difference is that in this, you can cast multiple votes, but not for the same person, technically.

change of the delegate every 6 months... - KISS FANS - 09-12-2003

THE MATT-DUCK does know democracy very well.I disagree with this poll.

i think that the endorse sistem isn't democratic... only nations that are un members endorse... and the others???? don't exist????

change of the delegate every 6 months... - bistmath - 09-12-2003

i disagree with the question. LR has been obtained the most votes from every nation who has decided to become a UN nation.no one forces them to keep thier vote with her. i think this is direct democracy at its best.poli, the other nations in the region are welcome to become un. they have chosen not to.

this sistem is discriminating......

Every system discriminates against at least one group: Lazy people. People who are too lazy to get off their rears and do something about it. The NS system discriminates against two people: Lazy people and people with puppet states. NS is a good system. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be using it, because most people would have left already.

do you know the france election sistem of the 1818???can vote olnly man that pay 5 silver franc and can be voted man that pay 21 silver franc of tax for year....on a population of 18.000.000 of persons only 350.000 vote and 75.000 can be voted...

Not to be rude, but that really doesn't have any bearing on this topic. If people wanted to change the way things are run, they would speak up. This <em class='bbc'>is</em> democracy, Casa. We can't change the fundamental rules of the game.

For the delegate to serve 6 month terms we would need to get ahold of <em class='bbc'>at least</em> 500 nations. That's roughly 10% of the SP (my math isn't perfect). At last count, we only had 3.5% of the SP active on the board. I'm no math major, but there's a <em class='bbc'>big</em> disparity between those two numbers.

change of the delegate every 6 months... - bistmath - 09-12-2003

the system only descriminates because the non un nations allow it. if they would like to participate, they may join the un. no one will tell them they can't. (unless they have another UN nation.) even then the giving of endorsements is voluntray. my fiancee had forgotten to endorse LR. that was only fixed this week. he's been a un nation for months.the choice to vote is democratic, in that all players may join once.the choice for delegate is democratic in that all players who have joined the system may or may not participate.sorry, i still disagree.

and if i don't want to became a U.N. member???"if I can't pay 5 silver franc???"this is discriminating not democratic...

EVERY SYSTEM DISCRIMINATES! If you don't want to take the time to register, oh well. You can never elimate that from the way elections go. Nothing is perfect; you learn to live with it after a while. The problem with what you propose is that it'll be hilarious to try to notify everyone to endorse someone else. Then, how do you propose we <em class='bbc'>enforce</em> it?

Ban them if they don't change their vote?

but we can change the sistem... i have invited Max Berry to the council....

My guess is that changing the code to allow that would be too much to hope for before NS 2. If Max could write it into the game, then yes it would be an interesting adjustment. But it's too hard to do unless the game supports it. I wouldn't get your hopes up too high about changes to NS 1.x, unfortunately.

delagate can renunciation of agency.....

But what if the person you want isn't 2nd in endorsements? It's a nightmare to plan and would create a mess of Red Tape to try to get the correct person in office.

::EDIT::

What if the person you want isn't in the UN?

::END EDIT::

change of the delegate every 6 months... - Military Force - 09-13-2003

sorry pollisammy, but frankly if you aren't willing to join the UN then you don't get the vote. that's just tough, if you have a real problem, write your own game.