TSP Archives
Jennifer Government - Printable Version

+- TSP Archives (https://archive.tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: The South Pacific Historical Archives (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=98)
+---- Forum: Old News and Topics (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=204)
+---- Thread: Jennifer Government (/showthread.php?tid=4727)

Jennifer Government - Dickvandyke - 07-20-2003

Has anyone actually read Jennifer Government? If you have, what did you think of it? I was at the library today and I looked for it, but the copy they had was checked out.

Jennifer Government - Katie Miyake - 07-20-2003

I forgot to look for it last time I was at the library, but right now I'm busy reading Harry Potter ^^()

Jennifer Government - tsunamy - 07-20-2003

I read the chapter that you can read on Max Barry's site. i want to read it but i cant find a copy here. aparently Barnes and Noble nor Borders carry it...

Jennifer Government - Imrie - 07-20-2003

It's excellent. I forked out almost ?20 to order a hardback copy from the States and I don't regret it one bit - cutting satire and very, very funny. I'm now on the hunt for Syrup.

Jennifer Government - Zorlack - 07-20-2003

well shoot I just might have to get it.. I'm currenty reading and re-reading a brief history of time. :wacko:

Jennifer Government - Slackervania - 07-21-2003

God, and I hadn't even bothered to look. Although if you say it's good, Imrie, it might just be what I get on my next trip out to the bookstore. Smile

Jennifer Government - Imrie - 07-21-2003

It's well worth it!

Jennifer Government - Steinagel - 07-27-2003

I've never seen it before, but if I ever get around to the bookstore I'll look it up. :blink:

Jennifer Government - FlyingPig - 07-27-2003

yeah ive heard so many people talking about how good it was.....i may just have to read and find out myself....

Jennifer Government - bistmath - 07-27-2003

hm. a friend found it in a chapters (essentially the ONLY bookstore in canada...) it was expensive.. we're waiting for it to come out in paperback.

Jennifer Government - Coral Islands - 07-27-2003

as it has not come to France yet I'm trying to order it from an english bookstore, but it's quite expensive too.

Jennifer Government - Gatren - 07-31-2003

Actually I was just coming here to suggest everyone get it. It is a great book!

Jennifer Government - ancient races - 08-01-2003

It's on my birthday list! (My birthday is on the 10th of August)

Jennifer Government - Gatren - 08-01-2003

Was that a subtle hint? :lol:

Jennifer Government - bistmath - 08-01-2003

happy birthday Big Grin

Jennifer Government - Geomania - 08-02-2003

Likewise.

Jennifer Government - ancient races - 08-04-2003

My birthday is next Sunday (the 10th) -> but thanks in advance Big Grin

Jennifer Government - Caer Rialis - 08-05-2003

Got it from my local library and was hooked by the first chapter. Not only was its humor tongue-in-cheek, but the chilling nature of such a commercial world system was quite frightening. Excellent commentary!

Jennifer Government - Katie Miyake - 08-07-2003

I finally remembered to put it on reserve for myself...I also looked for Syrup, but it was at the library downtown, and we were in a hurry...

Jennifer Government - Dickvandyke - 08-07-2003

I checked it out from the library yesterday. I'm about a third of the way through so far. It's pretty interesting.

Jennifer Government - ancient races - 08-24-2003

Yesterday I ordered it at the site of a large bookstore in Utrecht called Broese.Now I have to wait for about 15 days.. and then I can read it as well!Yours,The Ancient One (Paul)

Jennifer Government - KISS FANS - 09-01-2003

I've read it before.I loved it.Here are my top 3 favorite books.1.Jenifer Government By Max Barry2.Syrup By Max Barry3.The Hobbit By J.R.R Tolken

Jennifer Government - ancient races - 09-21-2003

I still haven't recieved Jennifer Government SadSomething went wrong with the order in the USA.. they're fixing it now.Hopefully it will arrive soon.. looking forward to reading it!!

Jennifer Government - ancient races - 10-27-2003

After re-ordering the book at another bookstore, and waiting for another 3 weeks, Jennifer Government has finally arrived today Big Grin Now I can finally read it..

Jennifer Government - Binky the Clown - 10-28-2003

OH MY GOD!! MAX BARRY IS A GOD!!