Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on our good buddy FS
its gone now because the ruling has come down. at the time it was quite accurate.it was the glorious hack pretty much saying we can do what we want....
Hey, got a new flunkie-wannabe to watch out for in the Pacific; goes by Myrdinn.

<strong class='bbc'>Myrdinn</strong>

Quote:Congrats BertramStantrous!

It must be quite an honor! Let me know if I can be of any help to you and the senate.
...and I think we need to get ahold of Lesser Cambodia. Sounds like he/she'd be a good ally

<strong class='bbc'>Lesser Cambidoa</strong>

Quote: The formation of such an exclusive form of government, which I hesitate to call "representative" because of the fact that every official but the delegate himself was appointed and not elected, shows only the desire for power, not the presence of competent leadership. I personally believe that all of the United Nations members in the Pacific should have a say in who runs the day-to-day operations of government in their region aside from the delegate. The delegate should still be the main authority figure, but more democratic processes should be undertaken to select his advisors and aides.

When I was a member of the Pacific region and not relegated to the political commentary I am participating in here, we were in one of the more prevalent periods of democracy, which is actually how Francos Spain came to be the delegate. Now that he has ascended to office, many nations have been silenced and key government officials are now appointed instead of elected; for solidarity purposes, I suppose. Will another golden age of the Pacific emerge from this tumult? We can only wait and see. In the meantime, however, I would suggest democracy and tolerance, ideals sure to endear any leader to the hearts of his people.

...and as for Bertram Stantrous's statement of his qualifications, why shouldn't every nation that uses subversive tactics in policing be given a Senate seat? I, for one, would suggest more proofs of the credentials you boast that merit senatorial status, but as I am not a member of the Pacific or the United Nations, it is not my place to request such things. Carry on with your duties, and may you be deemed worthy by your charge, the nations of the Pacific, whose defense has now been entrusted to you.
Pretty much it's been dead, other than "housekeeping" :glare: by FS...
aurellis, i thought _you_ were lesser cambod.....very good. i can have one of my puppets write them.
Nah. For the record, my nation's the Incorporated States of Contravil. It's my experiment with pro-business tactics, and right now it's looking better than Aurellis, economy-wise.
you guys gotta see this:

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.nationstates.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71435&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20'>http://www.nationstates.net/forum/viewtopi...er=asc&start=20</a>

at the time of posting the notice form cogitations re: invasionary removal of delegate.

so who's got puppets in the pacific Tongue
It's impossible to take the region with that damn script. No one can do it.
Unless there is some way around the script.....Does anyone have any ideas?
if he has a script. that was only a hypothesis.
The tech mod is looking into it, but she said it would take several days for her to track down whether FS is using a script or not. Until then, it's better to wait and get organized.
Holy crap, I can't believe I didn't mention this before. Siweena is involved in an alliance which includes the Meritocracy (yes!) so I'll talk to him/her a little more to check it all out.
Been a while since an update, but that's because not much has gone down on the boards. I've tried to get in contact with Lesser Cambodia through my "Friend named Aurellis" routine; I'm playing it off like Contravil doesn't mind it there, and he's got a friend that plays that he's heard say he doesn't like the way FS runs the Pacific...It's prob. a mistake, but it's too late now.

Anyway, I can almost guarantee FS a new flunkie after Myrdinn proves himself/herself:

<strong class='bbc'>Myrdinn</strong>

Quote:Yeah, I keep getting all of those spams telling me to unendorse Francos. I took Francos' advice and I am now saving them to file a report to the mods. As for them getting me to remove my endorsements, all I have to say is over my dead body! I've decided to watch the regional boards a little closer to look for those people. Any threat to Francos is a threat to our stability and our way of life, and I for one happen to like things around here.
And here's an interesting title for Lapdog Bertram Stantrous:

Quote:BertramStantrous

Senator / Director of the Pacific Secret Police
Fun, and here's his response to Lesser Cambodia's doubting him...

Quote:Cambodia, according to Francos, I have shown enough results to be named a senator. Democracy isn't even an issue in this case. In the US, they appoint Supreme Court Justices without any input from the people, and they are the pinnicle of democracy.

If I presented my "credentials" to you, Cambodia, all my work would be ruined. Remember the word "classified?" That's not just a buzzword. If the CIA carries out an operation, do they show it to the general public and ask for their opinion? Hell no!

Besides, who are you to question what we do? You aren't even in the region! What are you even doing on our board?
Mainly, all we've got is about three lapdogs and one head cheese. What makes it even more fun is that all the lapdogs have the ability to get someone ejected even if that someone didn't do anything. All they have to do is falisfy evidence, and presto, instant treason.

Makes you want to hug the US democratic system, no matter how screwed up it is, huh?
I just found FS's interview with FM303. Here's my $.02 on it...

Quote:AR: Does it bother you to have upset so many players?

FS: Well, it's game. There are winners and there are losers. It would be illogical to expect the winners to sympathize for the losers. Besides, if anything, I've re-ignited interest in the game for those nations who have splintered away and wish to overthrow me.

AR: According to [violet] this is an open-ended game. Would you disagree with her then?

FS: That is true. I did not mean to insinuate that "winning" and "losing" in this game are concrete concepts, because that is, of course, not the case. But in a more abstract sense, an army has gone to war with another army, and one side has prevailed.

AR: Do you feel it is fair to view new players to this game... new nations into this world... do you feel it is safe to view them as an army?

FS: Not at all. New players are what make the game. That is the glory of the Pacific regions. The "armies" I was referring to are the organized regions which have formed as a counter-reaction to the new Pacific administration.

AR: If the hat of invader is unfitting, would you find the title of dictator more welcoming?

FS: No, I wouldn't. I think you'll notice that NationStates' UN categories for nations who have high civil rights but low political freedoms are not viewed as dictatorships. That is how I view our system of government over the Pacific.

AR: And what are they viewed as in the game? How do you view yourself in the game then, what is a better title?

FS: Truthfully, I don't feel the need for a title. I'm not even sure I'd feel it appropriate to have one.

AR: What is your motivation in the game, and in the region? I don?t mean to insult you, but I wonder if stability of the region is what drives you, or if it merely a perceived side-effect?

FS: I don't believe my personal motivation could be viewed as much different from any other delegate's motivation in the game. It's a combination of the perhaps subconscious personal lust for power and the obligation felt for my neighbors and brothers in the region, and their well-being.

AR: The question I have seen the most speculation on thus far- what was behind your decision to leave the UN?

FS: With all the talk and slander against me and how I was some sort of power-mad dictator, and how some people claimed that those endorsing me were inactive or didn't know what their endorsement meant, I thought it would be best if I could prove myself to my allies in the region and my enemies abroad by accomplishing the two things resigning the UN would lead to. I allowed a new delegate to take power in the Pacific, showing that I wasn't by any means a paranoid dictator. The second and most important thing is that I would have to start from scratch with my endorsements. I wanted to prove to everyone that I could reclaim my old position based solely on my merit and my popularity within the region, in order to put to rest any bad things my detractors might have had to say about me.

AR: Are you friends with The Grand Duchy of Poskrebyshev? Clearly he holds some similar views on how to hold regions. Would you say that you two have an alliance?

FS: Poskrebyshev was an eager and ambitious supporter of me when I first became delegate. I named him as one of the original Pacific Senators, and he gradually proved his love for the Pacific and his belief in the ideals of The Revolution. He has proven himself to be a very capable leader for our region in this interim period.

Now that we've got the whole thing, let's do an Instant Replay and go to a Frame-By-Frame (grab some coffee, it's gonna be a while Big Grin )

Quote:AR: Does it bother you to have upset so many players?

FS: Well, it's game. There are winners and there are losers. It would be illogical to expect the winners to sympathize for the losers.
I don't agree with Tinpot. I believe that it is poor sportsmanship not to tell the loser that they've played a good game. They may have tried their best at something they love, but still been beat. That is a good way to kill someone's love for something rather quickly. Only someone who is cocky and has a rather large ego, the way I see it, does otherwise. IMO, he's saying in that statement that he's untouchable, and he knows it.

Quote:FS: No, I wouldn't. I think you'll notice that NationStates' UN categories for nations who have high civil rights but low political freedoms are not viewed as dictatorships.
He doesn't say anything about low civil rights and low political freedoms now, does he? This is what is set up in the Pacific. Anyone who speaks out against Tinpot is taken away in the night to the RR.

Quote:AR: And what are they viewed as in the game? How do you view yourself in the game then, what is a better title?

FS: Truthfully, I don't feel the need for a title. I'm not even sure I'd feel it appropriate to have one.
He takes a different view on the NPO message board:

Quote:<strong class='bbc'>Francos Spain</strong>

Our Blessed and Chosen Leader of the Pacific
MATT, I think I'm gonna need one of those bags...

Quote:AR: The question I have seen the most speculation on thus far- what was behind your decision to leave the UN?
Ahh, the million dollar question, isn't it? Let's take a look at some of what Tinpot has to say...

Quote:I thought it would be best if I could prove myself to my allies in the region and my enemies abroad by accomplishing the two things resigning the UN would lead to. I allowed a new delegate to take power in the Pacific, showing that I wasn't by any means a paranoid dictator. The second and most important thing is that I would have to start from scratch with my endorsements. I wanted to prove to everyone that I could reclaim my old position based solely on my merit and my popularity within the region, in order to put to rest any bad things my detractors might have had to say about me.
What he doesn't say is that Porky is basically a lapdog. Tinpot speaks, Porky listens. Also, Porky banned many people while Tinpot was away. If he thinks he can regain it based on merit, he's delusional. Everyone knows how he stayed in power; through mass bannings.

I've stood on my soapbox long enough. ::gets down and puts soapbox under arm:: Don't know if anyone reads this anymore, but I figured it wouldn't hurt anyone.
*feels smug about her correct analysis* aurellis... if you want me to turn you in, i'd like to have some proof to hand over to the baddies.i've already tanked 3 of my spies... 7 to go.
I'm working on it. Ahh...that'll work... ^_^