Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion: NSA General Corps
In accordance with the Code of Laws, the Assembly having rejecting one of the Minister of the Army's nominations for the General Corp, the Assembly may now suggest a candidate or candidates in place of the rejected nominee. As such, I open the floor to discussion and nominations.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
*Cough* Tongue  Hey guys.
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
Rolleyes
[Image: HuoZhaoDao.png]
Quote:*Cough* Tongue  Hey guys.
Is that a meaningful cough?
Quote:Is that a meaningful cough?

I second the nomination of meaningful cough.
I'd like to hear from people about why they opposed Hileville's appointment to the General Corps and to the CSS? I feel that he is definitely qualified.

I suggest Belschaft for the General Corps.
I third the nomination of meaningful cough by Antariel! :tsp:

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

I dont think meaningful cough is right for this position... he only comes out to play when they've been nominated for something... Tongue

I nominate Ant for the GC
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

As someone who 'nayed' Hile; my view is that we should avoid nomming Hile to like every position within TSP, not because I doubt his ability, but because I feel it makes us vulnerable to 'oligarchy' accusations; responding to a coup by nominating veterans to everything doesn't look great. If people want to nom me (and I believe as MoFA I already sit on the CSS, so am already in quite a few positions) that's fine, and I guess I've done a fair bit militarily now, but I'd rather have a young up and comer who wants to get really involved militarily filling out the last position.
New Southern Army Member
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
Quote:I dont think meaningful cough is right for this position... he only comes out to play when they've been nominated for something... Tongue

I nominate Ant for the GC

I second this Tongue
[right]2003-2013 - 10 years in NationStates[/right]
[right]Godkitten of the TSP Cat Mafia®[/right]

[center][nation]Lands of Headington[/nation](main) | [nation]Headingtonia[/nation] | [nation]Foggy Island[/nation] (WA) | [nation]Ambrosius Aurelianus[/nation] | [nation]Loh[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Windward Islands[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Leeward Islands[/nation][/center]
[center][Image: Udpate-1.png][/center]
I would like to have someone active as a General, that is why Hileville was my first choice. Not knowing he would be nominated for the other positions. I do think he doesn't intend on being VD forever, and he enjoys being active in the NSA very much.
Thank you for the nomination McM, but I decline it. I lack the regular update activity, especially at Major update, the role needs. My days of staying up to 6AM to raid/defend are largely behind me.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Quote:I'd like to hear from people about why they opposed Hileville's appointment to the General Corps and to the CSS? I feel that he is definitely qualified.

I suggest Belschaft for the General Corps.

I, like Ant placed a nay vote to Hileville. It is my position that no person should hold more than one position in government. As the vice-delegate, it is inappropriate for him exercise additional governmental functions. It's not a matter of his qualification, it's a matter of prudential separation and dissociation of power.

While I certainly believe that Antariel ought be at least privy to the goings on of this CSS, I would object to anything more than an overseeing role for her on the same grounds.

Someone else from either the military OR someone involved in the "justice department" (someone who's volunteered as a public defender perhaps) would be more appropriate, although I could support anyone who is not otherwise serving as an elected official.
I am sorry, Ant but I cannot and will not support you as a General. You voted no against me because you "don't want us to look like an oligarchy" you by your position in Cabinet are on the CSS and Minister of Foreign Affairs, You are/were also a Deputy Minister of Security/Army. Because of your time zone it also makes it very difficult for you to be on at major update which is when the SPA did and NSA will presumably be running most operations.
I'm a he, MFZ Tongue

Hile, if you read my post, you see I'm not really hugely keen on it?
New Southern Army Member
As someone who didn't vote because I thought I had already voted, and would have made Hile the General had I voted, I nominate Hile. Tongue
I renominate Hile.

I missed voting by I would have supported him over myself. (if it came down to it)

I encourage everyone who supported me to support Hile.
Quote:I renominate Hile.

I missed voting by I would have supported him over myself. (if it came down to it)

I encourage everyone who supported me to support Hile.
I missed voting as well, I 2nd the renomination.
This is nothing against Hile -- I voted for him for General Corps -- but I don't think he should be renominated. I understand people missed the vote, but we can't simply renominate until enough people vote for him.

How about Bellz for General Corps?
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

I do not have an interest in the position, but thanks for your consideration.
Quote:This is nothing against Hile -- I voted for him for General Corps -- but I don't think he should be renominated. I understand people missed the vote, but we can't simply renominate until enough people vote for him.

This. Otherwise it's distinctly dubious.
New Southern Army Member
That's okay Belschaft I know the feeling.

Besides you then, I guess meaningful cough is the only option left, if we want a new comer who doesn't hold many positions in government yet. Though Meaningful Cough kind of has a cult of personality now and arguably is the most powerful citizen of TSP.

In all seriousness though.. I can't think of anyone else for this position besides the people already suggested, and Ant already has enough duties in the government as it is.

*Doesn't like that we need 3 generals*
I nominate Awe.
New Southern Army Member
I most respectfully decline. Mostly due to my timezone and that I've finals this year. Sorry!

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Well in that case, I nominate Sheepa.