Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New deal
No, I'm not an FDR impersonator, but I couldn't think of a catchier title, lol.

Basically, here's what I'm expecting to happen now: we're going to go at a grueling but reasonable pace in trying to review this concordat. We'll go over each section and give people enough time to respond and move on. Once people have been given a chance to respond (usually within a week or so, maybe longer if it looks like we're still debating), we'll put it to vote, chunk-by-chunk, then vote on the entire document. Here's what I have in mind:

<strong class='bbc'>Chunk One (articles 1-8)</strong>

Tentative debate dates: Wednesday October 13th - Wednesday October 20th

Tentative voting dates: Thursday October 21st - Thursday October 28th

<strong class='bbc'>Chunk Two (articles 9-16)</strong>

Tentative debate dates: Wednesday October 20th - Wednesday October 27th

Tentative voting dates: Thursday October 28th - Thursday November 4th

<strong class='bbc'>Chunk Three (articles 17-24)</strong>

Tentative debate dates: Wednesday October 27th - Wednesday November 3rd

Tentative voting dates: Thursday November 4th - Thursday October 28th

<strong class='bbc'>Final Document go-over:</strong>

General brainstorming: (continuously up until Wed. November 10th)

Tentative debate dates: Wednesday November 3rd - Wednesday November 10th

Tentative voting dates: Thursday November 11th - Thursday November 18th

Note that each chunk's debates start on Wednesdays, and votes start on Thursdays. If there are any alterations to this schedule, it will be posted here. Remember, <em class='bbc'>it is your responsibility to check here, add your input, and vote</em>.

For each chunk, every article will be given their own separate thread. People of TSP will be encouraged to voice their opinions, add input, suggest alterations, or even suggest the removal of the article altogether. This will not be a document written by one person, in other words. Everyone will be asked to give their input.

But what about procedures that aren't in the charter already? Suggest one in the brainstorming thread (link pending) and I'll get it up. I'm not here to restrict discussion or tell people 'no'. I will give my opinion, but I will not bar debate. So, don't be shy and we can basically get this going off the ground. It'll be tacked on for the final voting period.

Basically, subscribe to this thread. I'll post in it whenever there are any updates, so this thread should be a good place to go to know exactly what's going on.
[*:27boa1km]<a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=9396'>General Brainstorming / suggestion thread</a> has been opened!

[*:27boa1km]Articles 1-8 discussion threads will open later tonight (hopefully!)
[*:3ano56qk]Discussion threads for articles 1-8 have been opened in this forum. Please be sure to read them over thoroughly and discuss changes you would like to make, if any.
[*:2axvqy94]Articles 1-7 are now up for vote in the <a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showforum=52'>voting chamber</a>!

[*:2axvqy94]<a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=9404'>Article 8</a> has been granted a one week extension

[*:2axvqy94]Elections discussion remains open

[*:2axvqy94]Articles 8-18 are up to vote. I know I said up to 16, but 8-18 really go together. Flushed with the success of last week, I decided to include those two articles for this second chunk.

If you have <em class='bbc'>any</em> government ideas, this would be the best time to go through it. We're going to be talking about terms, elections, positions, and duties, so be sure to let your voice be known!
Update:
[*:2in3zpgv]All proposed changes in the voting chamber for articles 1-7 have passed.

[*:2in3zpgv]Due to the importance and the fact that not as much debate has occurred, I have decided to extend debating over articles 8-18 one more week, until the close of Wednesday, November 3rd.
[*:29zi5ni1]Articles 8-18 are now up for vote in the <a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showforum=52'>voting chamber</a>!

[*:29zi5ni1]Articles 19-24 are up to discussion.

[*:29zi5ni1]Select Governmental Laws have been setup for discussion, which shall last two weeks.
[*:3fwpzh6b]Articles 19-24 are now up for vote in the <a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showforum=52'>voting chamber</a>! (I decided to wait a few days in case anyone requested an extension on them)

[*:3fwpzh6b]Select Governmental Laws are still up for debate.
I am extending the remainder of the laws to be debated on until <strong class='bbc'>December 1st, 2010</strong>. We'll then vote on it for a week, and things should be good to go to complete this assembly!

Also, the new Charter has been put up! Feel free to view it! Any inconsistencies should be reported, but I believe everything checks out
Voting for the final round of this assembly are up!
Last day to vote is tomorrow, all!
We're finished! Kudos to everyone who participated, and a very good job all around!While I think we've left enough open for the assembly to dabble over, this is most definitely a good start!
Todd thanks for organizing this and the effort you put into it.I think especially the regular laws as addressed in the last round can be easily tweaked during a regular assembly session.
Quote:Todd thanks for organizing this and the effort you put into it.

I think especially the regular laws as addressed in the last round can be easily tweaked during a regular assembly session.
Indeed. Now it's time to move on to elections and forum changes!
It's been a long road, but we are here at last Big Grin
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Quote:It's been a long road, but we are here at last Big Grin
Indeed, it only took about six months, lol Confusedwoon: