Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amendment to Article 5 of the Charter
I have to agree. I would prefer to see the real place of the Chief Justice in the context of judicial reform and having that reform passed before giving him or her legal access to the Cabinet Office.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Quote:I have to agree. I would prefer to see the real place of the Chief Justice in the context of judicial reform and having that reform passed before giving him or her legal access to the Cabinet Office.
Or just passing both in an omnibus amendment.
We can do an omnibus amendment, but I really don't see why you need to see the judicial reform before doing this, Kris. :| Judicial reform is going to take weeks, and we really wanted this done a week ago.

How about we just strip out the contested language, and a vote on adding the deputies to the junior cabinet? We can amend this again later when we do judicial reform, if we decide that the head of the judiciary should have some kind of Cabinet relation.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

I could agree to that. Perhaps the judicial amendment could then mention that the CJ would have access to Cabinet discussions, if we reach that kind of agreement. On adding deputies as junior Cabinet members I have not objections. That is one of the pillars of our inclusion efforts.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Quote: 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Ubuntu, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">Amendment to Article 5 of The Charter of The Coalition of The South Pacific

The Assembly of the South Pacific, having discussed and debated the composition of the Cabinet, and having determined that changes must be made to increase participation among Deputies and other important members of the Coalition community, hereby adopts the following amendment to Article 5 of The Charter of The Coalition of The South Pacific.

<p style="margin-left:40px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Ubuntu, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Ubuntu, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">"Article 5: Executive

<p style="margin-left:40px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Ubuntu, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">Section 1 - Cabinet and Powers of the Cabinet

1. The Cabinet shall consist of senior and junior members.
  2. The senior Cabinet members shall be the Delegate, Vice Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minster of Regional Affairs, Minister of the Army, and Chair of the Assembly.
  3. The junior Cabinet members shall be all appointed Deputies.
  4. Senior members of the cabinet are the only members with voting rights within the Cabinet.
  5. The Cabinet shall strive to promote activity in the region and shall remain cognizant of the well-being of all nations in the Coalition of the South Pacific.
  6. The Cabinet may adopt Executive Policy in cases where no law exists; Executive Policy may not conflict with the Charter, Bill of Rights, or Code of Law.
  7. The Cabinet will serve a term lasting four months, excepting appointed Cabinet Deputies, who serve at the discretion of their respective Senior Cabinet member. 
  8. Procedures for the election of the senior Cabinet must be defined in the Code of Laws."

Yes?
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

That's fine with me. I'll wait until Bel signs off before giving it a second.
tsp

Second. Let's bring this thing to vote.  Smile

This means that TSP will have to be extra careful about who is and isn't a deputy, but I think it can work.

Former Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
Former Citizen

"A sign of beauty ,
A symbol of grace ,
Its pride runs strong ,
At a very fast pace."
No issues with it.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Fourth Smile

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

This is now at vote.

tsp

I don't like personally how the head of the judicial system would be considered a "junior member".

I'm against.
Sorry. Voted in the wrong forum :$
[quote name="Elentia" post="106069" timestamp="1380569501"]
I don't like personally how the head of the judicial system would be considered a "junior member".

I'm against.[/quote]
The Chief Justice is not a member of the Cabinet, junior or otherwise, under the text being voted on, that was under a previous draft. Anyway, the CJ was going to be a junior member not because of any decrease in its importance, but rather because the head of the judiciary was supposed to be there not as part of the executive branch, which is the Cabinet, but in an oversight and advisory capacity. Thus, the Chief Justice could only be there as a non voting or junior Cabinet member, that is before the whole idea was changed to exclude the CJ from the bill.
Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator