TSP Archives
Your opinion: Our admin team - Printable Version

+- TSP Archives (https://archive.tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Fudgetopia Hall of Government (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Assembly of The South Pacific (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Private Halls of the Assembly (https://archive.tspforums.xyz/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: Your opinion: Our admin team (/showthread.php?tid=9)

Pages: 1 2 3

Your opinion: Our admin team - Punk D - 03-22-2014

Quote:That's a discussion we should have, but we won't solve it by Monday at noon when Hileville shuts down the forums. The admin team and the elected Cabinet are currently discussing where will host a forum and who will the root admin(s).

Did i miss that somewhere? Hile is shutting down the forums at noon monday?

Your opinion: Our admin team - Bundesdeutschland - 03-22-2014

Wait, what?

Your opinion: Our admin team - Kris Kringle - 03-22-2014

That's, at least, what he has told the Cabinet.

Your opinion: Our admin team - Vibrant Coconuts - 03-22-2014

Quote:That's a discussion we should have, but we won't solve it by Monday at noon when Hileville shuts down the forums. The admin team and the elected Cabinet are currently discussing where will host a forum and who will the root admin(s).

I wasn't privy to any discussions where that very brief timeframe was mentioned, so I didn't know. In that case, you're right that there wouldn't be time to resolve it, but I do hope the issue is addressed at some point. There is no point having a Charter giving people "freedom of speech" if the admin can issue summary bans outside of the constitutional process.

Your opinion: Our admin team - Belschaft - 03-22-2014

Quote:That's, at least, what he has told the Cabinet.
Well, luckily the old forums still exist and we have a backup of the current ones, so in the worst case scenario we can simply move back to them and then update them with all the new content since we moved.

Your opinion: Our admin team - Loh - 03-22-2014

Quote:That's, at least, what he has told the Cabinet.

That's too soon. Although it's really sad to know that we have to move, and would be really good if things could be settled in another, better way, we should have more time. 

Your opinion: Our admin team - HEM - 03-23-2014

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kris Kringle" data-cid="121675" data-time="1395528719">
<div>
That's, at least, what he has told the Cabinet.
Well, luckily the old forums still exist and we have a backup of the current ones, so in the worst case scenario we can simply move back to them and then update them with all the new content since we moved.

</div>
</blockquote>

I don't think we could update a zetaboard with IPB content.

Your opinion: Our admin team - Todd McCloud - 03-23-2014

Quote:Tsunamy is the obvious candidate as he's been a TSP forum admin for the last ten years, and was root admin before we moved to these forums.

Glen has excellent and invaluable technical skills, but has only been an admin here for two days.
I'd go with Tsu, honestly. Guy's been here forever and is very aware of our history.

I feel like -- what might be best -- is to backup the current forum and upload it on QD's server (since he has one anyway) and then move back to the Zetaboards forum / start a new forum.

I don't think we should operate from a privately hosted forum again, but having QD host the "back up" allows us to view things that have happened since the move.

This isn't ideal -- nor should it be longterm -- but it may be the best short term solution.

Your opinion: Our admin team - Todd McCloud - 03-23-2014

Yeah, I agree with HEM here. If Hile is indeed shutting this place down in less than 48 hours, then we should be fairly quick. I'm personally fine with QD backing the forums up and such. Then we can sort of archive that and break into a new set of forums.

I do recommend, however, that we go for new forums rather than return to the old. Maintain them as achives as well - we should have a clear transition in our history. Plus it'd give the community a chance to create their own admin team, get a fresh start, and get things going.

Your opinion: Our admin team - Escade - 03-23-2014

As of now, Hileville has said that the current forums will be inoperable on Monday 3/24 at noon.

Therefore, we will be temporarily relying on QuietDad's generous offer to transfer the forums over to a site he owns.

This will be a short term solution meant to help us gain stability as we figure out how to proceed. Starting with a new forum that is public and not personally owned is a good idea although the loss of so many posts will be sad.

This needless conflict has brought up several major problems in TSP that we need to address as a community. People need to be open and transparent and accountable for their actions.  

We can keep the old posts on a hosted forum while moving operations to a new one. We've done it a few times before.

Your opinion: Our admin team - Brutland and Norden - 03-23-2014

Is there a need to backup posts on our computers, or will they be transferred to the new forum?

Your opinion: Our admin team - tsunamy - 03-23-2014

Quote:Is there a need to backup posts on our computers, or will they be transferred to the new forum?

I haven't seen the discussions for a bit, but I imagine it might be best to save them to your computer, too, just in case.

Edit: Well, anything you want moved.

Your opinion: Our admin team - Belschaft - 03-23-2014

Quote:Is there a need to backup posts on our computers, or will they be transferred to the new forum?
They should all be transferred.

Your opinion: Our admin team - Hileville - 03-23-2014

The database which holds all of the posts/topics and a bunch of other stuff will be given to QD/GR for the transfer. All of the info should transfer just fine.

Your opinion: Our admin team - Ryccia - 03-23-2014

Do I have to register again?

Your opinion: Our admin team - Horse - 03-23-2014

Probably not 

Quote:Do I have to register again?
No.

A forum move is something that shouldn't be rushed.  I let frustration and anger get the best of me.  I am willing to continue hosting past the previous deadline to allow time for an Assembly discussion and through and ironclad plan to be established before any move takes place.  When deciding to move servers for these forums it took me several months to plan the move.  It was completely unfair of me to expect a resolution to this issue in 48 hours time.

I hope to work with the Assembly, Government, and admin to ensure a move will not cause any further harm to this community.

Your opinion: Our admin team - Escade - 03-23-2014

We really appreciate this Hileville. Thank you so much for working with us and ensuring that all your wonderful hard work in helping build our community doesn't go to waste. I think from here on all of TSP can work on a smooth and well-thought out transition which will benefit the community.

*hugs*

Let's please keep the peace and work on a positive discussion of how to transition, our options and how to move forward. Thank you.

Your opinion: Our admin team - Bundesdeutschland - 03-23-2014

*phew*

That's good news at least! Smile

Your opinion: Our admin team - Ryccia - 03-23-2014

Quote:A forum move is something that shouldn't be rushed. I let frustration and anger get the best of me. I am willing to continue hosting past the previous deadline to allow time for an Assembly discussion and through and ironclad plan to be established before any move takes place. When deciding to move servers for these forums it took me several months to plan the move. It was completely unfair of me to expect a resolution to this issue in 48 hours time.

I hope to work with the Assembly, Government, and admin to ensure a move will not cause any further harm to this community.
Well, everyone cools off after a fight... Or engage in a feud. Thanks Hile. Smile

Your opinion: Our admin team - Southern Bellz - 03-23-2014

Quote:A forum move is something that shouldn't be rushed.  I let frustration and anger get the best of me.  I am willing to continue hosting past the previous deadline to allow time for an Assembly discussion and through and ironclad plan to be established before any move takes place.  When deciding to move servers for these forums it took me several months to plan the move.  It was completely unfair of me to expect a resolution to this issue in 48 hours time.

Thank you, we really need the extra time.  I know you want to be done with this, so we will try to make sure the transition is hassle free as possible.

Your opinion: Our admin team - Sandaoguo - 03-23-2014

If the Assembly is going to be the body planning the entire forum move, this is going to take months to even come up with a handful of options, yet alone decide what actually needs to be done. -_-

The Assembly should be asking the Cabinet to present viable options.