Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Declassifying Old Documents
I was recently reading through our BCD archives and noticed a number of interesting historical topics about the South Pacific's response to Francos Spain' coup of the Pacific in 2003. Now, normally I'm against disclosing any material from BCD, but I think that we should consider releasing certain historical documents such as that to the public after a certain number of years have passed: they're not politically relevant anymore but they are interesting parts of NS history, and many artifacts from that time period aren't available anymore.

What do you all think? Should we declassify documents like this after so much time has passed?
I demand the freedom of information! DECLASSIFY THEM DOCUMENTS!

On a serious tone though, most of the newcomers deserve to learn and observe the rich history of TSP. The game has changed dramatically and the politics too. I don't think releasing these documents could seriously affect anyone or even us negatively.
We have the six months disclosure law for this. 2003 has certainly been over six months, so send in a request Tongue

Alternatively, I'm willing to go through them in detail and prune out anything still sensitive and present them in a slightly more organised state that they're currently in.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Quote:We have the six months disclosure law for this. 2003 has certainly been over six months, so send in a request Tongue

Alternatively, I'm willing to go through them in detail and prune out anything still sensitive and present them in a slightly more organised state that they're currently in.
I for one would approve of blacktexted documents, lol.
Honestly the six month law has always seemed odd to me. How are those who haven't seen the hidden forums supposed to know what is there to request it? It seems like the only people in a position to make such requests are those in the government now or were in the government in the past (and have a good memory).. Which may be a reason it hasn't been a highly-used process as far as I'm aware.

I read almost all of those hidden areas when I was delegate, and I honestly doubt too much of that could possibly be concieved as damaging personally. Even if we had been up to no good in some region in 2004 or 2006 or 2008 do you really think too many people would hold it against today's TSP?
lets declassify me making fun of topid, good times
Quote:Honestly the six month law has always seemed odd to me. How are those who haven't seen the hidden forums supposed to know what is there to request it? It seems like the only people in a position to make such requests are those in the government now or were in the government in the past (and have a good memory).. Which may be a reason it hasn't been a highly-used process as far as I'm aware.

I read almost all of those hidden areas when I was delegate, and I honestly doubt too much of that could possibly be concieved as damaging personally. Even if we had been up to no good in some region in 2004 or 2006 or 2008 do you really think too many people would hold it against today's TSP?
 But then people will find out that we weren't up to no good, and we'll never be able to show our faces around the other GCR's anymore, lest they mock us Sad
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
They mock us anyway, Bel, or do they just mock you?

TSP Deputy Minister Of Foreign Affairs (DoFA)

TSP Ambassador To The East Pacific

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

TSP Ambassador To The Rejected Realms

Europeian Citizens' Assembly Associate Member

Do you want somebody murdered?

(Then don't call GE's General Services
)

But, for any other job, dial
HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

[Image: 20QJ0.png]