Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Voting Act?
I brought this up during my time as delegate and a few people echoed this after the last elections, but I believe delegate voting should be made public. It is simply too hard to effectively monitor the delegate election when it is done via a poll.
Quote:I brought this up during my time as delegate and a few people echoed this after the last elections, but I believe delegate voting should be made public.  It is simply too hard to effectively monitor the delegate election when it is done via a poll.
:unsure:
Delegate elections didn't happen by poll during your term?

I happen to agree with you though, if we ever had a close election, with secret votes no one will ever be 100% positive there was no foul play. Unless the admins can see who cast votes, I see it being a shitstorm of drama with the best anyone can do is to say we are pretty sure the votes were valid.

I understand people want to make their votes private. One thing TNP does that I personally like is their election is run by an EC (I was it two terms ago), and you can vote publicly in the thread or PM the EC account (forum account literally named Election Commission). If we have a team of 2 or 3 trusted ECs that understand the votes PMed to them are completely confidential by law I think it still works with the best of both systems.
I could be remembering something else, but I seem to recall assembly votes were private when I first was delegate.
As there were protests on this during the recent elections....Bump.Personally I think public elections are horribly open to abuse/pressure. There's a reason that the majority of the world democracies use secret ballot.If the recent elections were just an experiment....fine. But I think we should vote on any potential change to electoral procedure. I may have missed a thread on this somewhere in my absence, if so apologies.
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]