Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article 18 - Responsibilities of the MOFA
This is the current Article for Ministry of Foreign Affairs Responsibilities, taken verbatim from the <a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=8043'>Charter</a>:

Quote:<strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>Article 18 - Responsibilities and authority of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs</em></strong>

1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall be responsible for any relations between the region and any foreign region.

2. It shall be the job of this Ministry to negotiate treaties, alliances and the like, while working with the Ministry of Defense.

3. This Ministry can not form alliances without the consent of the nations of The South Pacific by vote or consensus.

Please state your opinion on this article, including any revisions you would like to see. You may also argue over the necessity of said article and any other directions this article should take.

Discussion for this article will end on <strong class='bbc'>Wednesday, October 27th</strong>, or on a later date if the Minister of Region determines the debate to require more time.
Again, changes I proposed:

Quote:<strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>Article 18 - Responsibilities and authority of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs</em></strong>

1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall be responsible for any relations between the region and any foreign region.

2. It shall be the job of this Ministry to negotiate treaties, alliances and the like while working with the Ministry of <del>Defense</del> Security.

3. This Ministry cannot form alliances without the consent of the <del>nations</del> Assembly of The South Pacific by vote or consensus.
Quote:<strong class='bbc'>Article 18 - Responsibilities and authority of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs</strong>[*:29x8euit] The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall be responsible for any formal relations between the region and any foreign regions.

[*:29x8euit] It shall be the job of this Ministry to negotiate treaties, alliances and the like while working with the Ministry of Security.

[*:29x8euit] This Ministry cannot form alliances without the consent of the Assembly of The South Pacific by vote or consensus.
Is the MOFA also responsible for the appointment of ambassadors?
Who, Me?

Veni, Vidi, Vamoose

I Came, I Saw, I Skedaddled

Kids shouldn't drink with monkeys.
He should be, I think, see my comment Re: art. 8.

We may not have a MoS anymore, and I don't like the phrasing anyway so I suggest for

Quote:The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall be responsible for negotiating treaties, alliances and other agreements with other regions and organizations from outside The South Pacific.

Oh, and can we rename this to "Ministry of Foreign Operations"? :evil:
<strong class='bbc'>Article 18 - Responsibilities and authority of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs</strong>[*:4dhli5n2] The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall be responsible for any formal relations between the region and any foreign regions.

[*:4dhli5n2] The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall be responsible for negotiating treaties, alliances, and other agreements with other regions and organizations external to The South Pacific.

[*:4dhli5n2] This Ministry cannot form alliances without the consent of the Assembly of The South Pacific by vote or consensus.

I've changed your 18.2 a bit, but not much. Also, if I had my way with it, I'd call it the Minister of Propaganda :whistle:
I think it's cooler to have a MoFO in the government than a MoP Tongue
Hahahaha....I don't know if you know this, but over in America (and maybe other English speaking nations) 'mofo' is slang for a pretty derogatory term (or cool term depending on how it's used...). I'd settle with MoFA though XD
Quote:I think it's cooler to have a MoFO in the government than a MoP Tongue
Heaven help us if we end up with a BAD MoFO...
Who, Me?

Veni, Vidi, Vamoose

I Came, I Saw, I Skedaddled

Kids shouldn't drink with monkeys.
@Todd, yes I knew that Wink@Polk: even Curly can't save us anymore, then? :unsureSadMofa, btw, is German slang for a motorized bicycle. In the beginning we had a Secretary of Foreign Affairs...quite comfortable to have around Tongue)