Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article 14 - Responsibilities of the Prime Ministe
This is the current Article for Prime Minister Responsibilities, taken verbatim from the <a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=8043'>Charter</a>:

Quote:<strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>Article 14 - Responsibilities of the Prime Minister</em></strong>

1. The Prime Minister shall carry out all duties of the Delegate in the absence of the Delegate and the appointed Deputy Delegate.

2. The Prime Minister shall moderate and submit all regional suggestions and amendments to the Charter, which are not to be codified in the Code of Laws, to the Cabinet and Delegate for approval, and then to the nations of the South Pacific for a vote as outlined elsewhere.

Please state your opinion on this article, including any revisions you would like to see. You may also argue over the necessity of said article and any other directions this article should take.

Discussion for this article will end on <strong class='bbc'>Wednesday, October 27th</strong>, or on a later date if the Minister of Region determines the debate to require more time.
I changed this from

Quote:<strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>Article 14 - Responsibilities of the Prime Minister</em></strong>

1. The Prime Minister shall carry out all duties of the Delegate in the absence of the Delegate <del>and the appointed Deputy Delegate</del>.

2. The Prime Minister shall moderate and submit all regional suggestions and amendments to the Charter, which are not to be codified in the Code of Laws, to the Cabinet and Delegate for approval, and then to the nations of the South Pacific for a vote as outlined elsewhere.
to this:

Quote:<strong class='bbc'>Article 14 - Responsibilities of the Prime Minister</strong>[*:1ro6s8ww] The Prime Minister shall carry out all duties of the Delegate in the absence of the Delegate.

[*:1ro6s8ww] The Prime Minister shall moderate and submit all regional suggestions and amendments to the Charter, which are not to be codified in the Code of Laws, to the Cabinet and Delegate for approval, and then to the nations of the South Pacific for a vote as outlined elsewhere.
basically removed the deputy delegate thing.
The question, is, of course, do we stick with the current model. If not, we might not have a Prime minister anymore. With apologies to HEM, but I think this is the most redundant job in our current system.
I'm leaning toward getting rid of the PM position myself. Under the current framework, it's just not that important. They are pretty much a back-up position. Really, if the del does go inactive, I'd like to see an election more than a succession.