Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restructuring of the region
In the good (and sometimes not so good) old days, it used to be the case that the Delegate, while formally part of the cabinet, was not really involved in the decision making process of the region. The Delegate was more like a ceremonial head of state rather than an actively involved head of government. Currently, this is changing. I don't say this is necessarily a bad thing, especially as the Delegate is currently more or less the only active official around. However, I wanted to point it out as it means the power distribution in the region is being restructured such that the Delegate is both head of government and head of state. (Essentially, this would mean moving from a 21st century style monarchy to a 19th century style monarchy Tongue).The question is, do we want this, and if we do not want this, what are the alternatives?
My thoughts are that we start to "centralize" the power of the Delegate and the Prime Minister. When I originally drafted out my amendment I wrote the Prime Minister as the only official to continue to be elected, but I figured with the expanse of the current Premiership powers, there wasn't really a point.My thoughts (if we hold a formally Grand Assembly) is that we continue to have the PM elected only (as perhaps an oversight for the delegate?) and give the position some formal authority to run the region alongside the Delegate and coordinate the day-to-day affairs of the region.As time goes on, it could even become ceremonial that the PM recommends the appointed cabinet to the delegate (if activity picks up) and the Delegate can revert to a more ceremonial position.Just some idle thoughts.
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
I'm currently reviewing the large document that is the Charter of The South Pacific. I'm hoping to be done some time today or tomorrow!
Quote:I'm currently reviewing the large document that is the Charter of The South Pacific. I'm hoping to be done some time today or tomorrow!
Have you read my proposal yet? :none:

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Quote:<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' > I'm currently reviewing the large document that is the Charter of The South Pacific. I'm hoping to be done some time today or tomorrow!
Have you read my proposal yet? :none:
</blockquote>Nope, lol
It's pretty solid, if I do say so myself Tongue

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=9326'>http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPaci...?showtopic=9326</a>

I read it and responded. I've been busy this weekend with something rather urgent and unrelated to NS, but I will be back in the swing of things by Monday. I was really pumped to getting to work on Friday, but crap hit the proverbial fan for a few days, lol. Good to be thinking about NS again
Because I don't feel it is my job to vie for a power shift one way or another, due to my position, I will just say this. The transition has been happening, regardless of the fact that the laws do not back it up.
It's either this or we pray for someone to attempt a takeover. If that happened people might care otherwise we gotta change things up somehow.
Former Delegate of The South Pacific
Can we try to speed up a Great Assembly?

No Tongue
Quote:No Tongue
Hush you! *<strong class='bbc'>HEM</strong> prods region Tongue