Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assembly Discussion: Azure Alliance
Good Day,

Due to several unfortunate irregularities, namely approval from the MoJ after 72 hours had passed and the MoR being away from Internet Access, we need to debate the Azure Alliance treaty once more before we can put it to a vote. The treaty is, as follows:

Quote:<strong class='bbc'>Azure Articles of Alliance</strong>

We the regions of the Azure Alliance do ordain and establish these Articles of Alliance to ensure our security, promote our interests, and build a interregional community among us.

<strong class='bbc'>Article I: Rights of Member Regions</strong>

1. Each Member Region has a right to be defended by the Alliance against invasion or insurrection.

2. Each Member Region has the right to regulate its own affairs except as it is responsible to the Alliance.

3. Each Member Region may maintain any number of other agreements and alliances as long as they do not conflict with the region's obligations under this Alliance.

4. Each Member Region may recall its Senator at any time for replacement.

5. The Region's Government when the Region joins will be recognized by the Alliance as the legitimate government of the Region, and the legal system of that Government will be respected by the Alliance.

<strong class='bbc'>Article II: Responsibilities of Member Regions</strong>

1. Each Member Region must aid in defending any Member Region that requires assistance.

2. Each Member Region must keep in confidence information classified by the Alliance.

3. Each Member Region must select a Senator to represent them in the Senate following some manner established by the laws of that region.

<strong class='bbc'>Article III: Positions of Authority</strong>

1. The President of the Alliance shall direct all activities of the Alliance.

2. The Senate of the Alliance shall be informed of all decisions by the President.

3. The President shall appoint, and the Senate confirm, Secretaries to carry out the duties of the Alliance.

4. The Senate may remove any Secretary by a two thirds vote.

5. The Senate shall be privy to information gathered by the Alliance and may classify such information.

6. The Senate shall select the President by majority vote.

7. The Senate may remove the President by a two thirds majority.

<strong class='bbc'>Article IV: Protocol for Voting</strong>

1. A vote of the Senate shall require more than the stated proportion of all Senators.

<strong class='bbc'>Article V: Protocol for Leaving</strong>

1. The Senator of any Member Region may at any time begin the process of leaving the Alliance by declaring intention to leave in the Senate.

2. If after two weeks the Senator of that Member Region has not repudiated the intention to leave, the Member Region will have left the Alliance.

<strong class='bbc'>Article VI: Protocol for Admittance</strong>

1. The President may at any time submit a request to admit a new region to the Senate.

2. To admit the region, the Senate must approve in a two thirds majority vote.

<strong class='bbc'>Article VII: Protocol for Amendment</strong>

1. The Senate may propose an Amendment to these Articles by a two thirds majority vote.

2. An Amendment shall be Ratified if, within one month of it being proposed, three quarters of Member Regions ratify it in a manner determined by their laws.
The previous debate can be found <a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=8331'>here.</a>

The debate will last for one week and then submitted to the Assemby for a vote.
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
As one of the people behind preparing this Treaty, I am prepared to field any questions here.
[Image: HuoZhaoDao.png]
Approving it is okay by me, as long as we get the role of Senator assigned by our laws (possibly in the same regional law as the actual ratification of this alliance) as this treaty requires...
Quote:Approving it is okay by me, as long as we get the role of Senator assigned by our laws (possibly in the same regional law as the actual ratification of this alliance) as this treaty requires...
Could a position as senator be seen as the equivalent as an ambassador?

-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
:drink:
[Image: HuoZhaoDao.png]
As the seven day period for debate, followed by the legal approval by the MoJ has passed, I will close this debate and move this proposal to the Voting Chamber. Thank you.

-- B. Bragg