Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amendment to Art. 5, "Treason" in Charter
<strong class='bbc'>Original</strong>

Quote:<strong class='bbc'>Article 5 - Treason</strong>

1. Treason against The South Pacific shall be defined as any violation of Article 2.3.

2. Such an offence committed by any citizen nation of The South Pacific shall result, upon conviction in a trial in accordance with Article 7 of the Charter, in the immediate banishment of that citizen nation from The South Pacific off-site forums and region.

3. This provision shall be enforced by The South Pacific Assembly through appropriate legislation, as needed.
<strong class='bbc'>Amended </strong>

Quote:<strong class='bbc'>Article 5 - Treason</strong>

1. Treason against The South Pacific shall be defined <strong class='bbc'>as "working or plotting against the Coalition of The South Pacific, or giving assistance to any state or region which the the Coalition of The South Pacific is taking preventive or enforcement action"</strong>.

2. Such an offence committed by any <del><strong class='bbc'>citizen</strong></del> nation <del><strong class='bbc'>of The South Pacific</strong></del> shall result, upon conviction in a trial in accordance with the Procedural (Criminal Law) Act, in the immediate banishment of that <del><strong class='bbc'>citizen</strong></del> nation from The South Pacific off-site forums and region.

3. This provision shall be enforced by The South Pacific Assembly through appropriate legislation, as needed.
This will apply treason to both citizens and non-citizens in the South Pacific.
Never Cruel nor Cowardly,

Never Give Up, Never Give In.

I think I need to add a change to that as it was changed in the Great Council. I hadn't got to the amendments the one law did.
I edited your post Uni to change Article 7 to the Procedural Law act thingy. I support this amendment though.
Its more of a war crime than treason if it is done by non-residents, right?
I'll support this ... as long as it doesn't turn into some kind of ex-post-facto, we-can't-continue-the-trial-of-Frak-or-try-anyone-who-we-believe-committed-treason-before-this-edit-was-made nonsense.
Quote:I'll support this ... as long as it doesn't turn into some kind of ex-post-facto, we-can't-continue-the-trial-of-Frak-or-try-anyone-who-we-believe-committed-treason-before-this-edit-was-made nonsense.
I'm not sure, but I think you'd just continue the trial under what the law was at the time, and any crimes committed before this edit would be tried with what the law of the land was at that time.Not sure, though--don't kill me. Tongue That's what would make sense, at least in my mind.
I would broaden "assistance" to "aid or comfort"
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
there is a double 'the' at the end of clause 1 line 2.