Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amendment to Article 1 of the Code of Laws
Article 1: Elections

<ol class="bbc bbcol decimal">[*]All citizens who have held citizenship for a minimum of seven days prior to the start of an election cycle shall be eligible to run and vote in the election.
[*]The Delegate and Vice Delegate will run on a joint ticket and be elected by a majority vote.  If no candidate receives a majority vote a run-off election with the two tickets receiving the highest amount of votes will occur.
[*]All other Cabinet positions will be voted on separately and will be elected by a plurality vote.
[*]Elections will commence on the first day of every April, August, and December.
[*]Elections will be comprised of a nomination period lasting five days and a vote period lasting three days. Campaigning may begin upon a candidates acceptance of a nomination or declaration of candidacy and last until the conclusion of the voting period.
[*]Run-off elections will begin within 24 hours of the initial vote closing and will be comprised of a voting period lasting three days, campaigning may continue during this period.
[*]In the event only one candidate runs an option to Re-open Nominations will be inserted on the ballot.
[*]In the event no candidates runs for an available office the newly elected Cabinet will appoint a citizen to fill the vacancy.
[*]Vacancies in office occur when the office holder resigns or is recalled. In the event of a vacancy a special election will be called within 72 hours of the office becoming vacant, unless the vacancy occurs in the month prior to the start of an election cycle; in this case the Cabinet will appoint a Citizen to fill the vacated position for the remainder of the term.
[*]Special Elections will be comprised of a nomination and voting period both lasting three days each. Campaigning may being upon the acceptance of a nomination or declaration of candidacy and last until the conclusion of the voting period.
[*]Elections will be run by an election commission consisting of at least one but no more than three members
 a member
of the forum administration or moderation staff who will not be a candidate in the given election cycle.
</ol> 

We had a RON option before and do not have it in this current draft.  It was an oversight on my part when drafting this section.  Also clarified the language on the EC team.

Actually to take this further should we have a RON option on all elections?

Oh yes please, I think RON would be a great addition, specially in elections with high numbers if abstentions.
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
There should be an RON, in addition to abstaining

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Retracted 

I'm very much for a RON option in all elections. Though, I don't want it getting abused, and having the same candidates running on a second election...

So, maybe limit it to the FIRST election, so if RON wins the initial election, it cannot be an option the second time around?
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

I'd hope that if someone loses an election to RON that they'd take the time to consider why and either improve their platform or gain more experience before running again.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
^ Agreed. 

I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?