Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the delegate explain?
nvm

Have you actually seen his campaign platform?  It is a joke campaign.

LOL I feel like an idiot, sorry bels

Hmm...? I assume this was to do with my campaign for the speakership in TNP on a Regressive/Imperial Platform? Which is totally serious Tongue

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
ya i was looking at stuff on my phone and just saw you were running and reacted too soon

my apologizes 

I'm running for AG as well now Tongue

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

What's ag?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

I will make a guess (and hope it's right)...Attorney General?

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Actually, it's Agriculture Secretary, but we just usually call it Ag.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

Attorney General, yes. I'm actually really running for that one, and will have a serious platform up in TNP later today.

Quote:Attorney General, yes. I'm actually really running for that one, and will have a serious platform up in TNP later today.

I hope that's not true.
tsp

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Belschaft" data-cid="105185" data-time="1378567261">
<div>
Attorney General, yes. I'm actually really running for that one, and will have a serious platform up in TNP later today.

I hope that's not true.

</div>
</blockquote>
Why? I see no conflict of interest in serving in one regions executive government and another regions judicial branch, and have done such before.

Quote:Why? I see no conflict of interest in serving in one regions executive government and another regions judicial branch, and have done such before.

You're the head of state and the highest ranking member of the Cabinet. You shouldn't be entangling yourself in other regions, especially considering the incredibly large reform agenda you campaigned on -- the central message of which is bringing in new people in GCR government. This is everything that is wrong with GCR governance. If you want to be Delegate here, then be Delegate here. If you want to be AG in TNP, then go be AG in TNP. Let these regions govern themselves and stop creating all of these unhealthy, undemocratic, and frankly elitist government cross-connections.

tsp

I agree. TSP should be your full time NS job.

I disagree that one cannot and should not hold positions in multiple arenas says the Guardian of TWP, an Admin of TNP (also running for AG), and member of TSP’s Assembly. :p

I have zero philosophical problems with Bels being an AG in one region and delegate in another provided he has enough time to do both functions. But, I’m fairly cosmopolitan on Unibot’s old scale.

The AG role in TNP has been abandoned by the last two officeholders, but there’s not a huge backlog. I think it presents zero philosophical conflicts with TSP because the role is really to be an attorney for TNP criminal cases. Knowing what goes into the role and the research, I don’t know if Bels (or anyone) would be able to do both extremely effectively. The AG post, in my 9 years in the game, was the most time consuming role I’ve had to do ex being a delegate. 

TSP's Prodigal Son.

Citizen

From the old TSP Boards....
Quote:
Punk D
May 17 2004, 06:07 AM Post #1
Ok...as I have entered my late twenties (27 in a few months, actually my birth date is *gulp* 9/11) I have been the *youngest* for so long.

But as I'm reading through many of these threads many of you are high school, in college, just graduating college, etc. I think Lady Rebels has some older children so I'm hoping she has some years on me   Big Grin , but can someone make me feel good by saying they're older than me?

*needing validation that 1977 was not that long ago*

I can see how there might be less to worry about if Punk Daddy in involved in multiple reasons, because he's just a citizen here. I don't think you're using "cosmopolitan" correctly (see my post in Gameplay about that), but there's not much concrete danger if you're just a citizen and you're not engaging in policy-making here. But it's different for people to hold high-level positions in multiple GCRs at once. There are not only serious "philosophical" problems with it, but there are tangible security implications for the whole community.

tsp

As Sand mentioned, its not about the average person having multiple positions in multiple regions, but the delegate not making TSP his sole focus.  Simply put, the free nations of TSP deserve more than that.

Bels shouldn't hold multiple roles in multiple region.  The delegate is our most important position in government, and I really feel that you shouldn't have any other non-ceremonial roles outside of this region that would split your attention.  It is a complete disservice to the region that sends a horrible message to the rest of government.

What am I supposed to say as a member of the cabinet when my delegate doesn't even have TSP has his only focus in NS?  If we want to encourage people to make TSP their primary focus in NS, how can we make the argument when our delegate is seeking side-shows in other regions to fill his time.  The tone needs to be set at the top.  Running for and being elected delegate is a commitment, and I hope Bels does not take this commitment lightly and take on major roles in other regions.  This is especially troubling to me when Bels said he was winding down international involvement in region's outside of TSP in his campaign.

Nobody bitched when Hile was delegate (nothing against you, Hile). I don't see a problem, unless he slips with his delegate duties. If he thinks he can handle both, then let him try. If he starts slipping, then, by all means, jump down his throat.
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Quote:Nobody bitched when Hile was delegate (nothing against you, Hile). I don't see a problem, unless he slips with his delegate duties. If he thinks he can handle both, then let him try. If he starts slipping, then, by all means, jump down his throat.

I was unaware of Hile's involvement in other regions, and if it was ever brought up, I certainly would have said something. Past action doesn't make this case appropriate. If it comes to it, I will think about drafting a conflict of interest law. Leave aside whether or not the delegate should be holding positions in other regions, it's simply strange that TSP doesn't even require officials to fill out purely informational COI forms.
tsp

Hile was delegate here and Chief Justice in TNP, iirc.

TSP's Prodigal Son.

Citizen

From the old TSP Boards....
Quote:
Punk D
May 17 2004, 06:07 AM Post #1
Ok...as I have entered my late twenties (27 in a few months, actually my birth date is *gulp* 9/11) I have been the *youngest* for so long.

But as I'm reading through many of these threads many of you are high school, in college, just graduating college, etc. I think Lady Rebels has some older children so I'm hoping she has some years on me   Big Grin , but can someone make me feel good by saying they're older than me?

*needing validation that 1977 was not that long ago*

Quote:Hile was delegate here and Chief Justice in TNP, iirc.

And performed admirably with no hint of a conflict.
Quote:And performed admirably with no hint of a conflict.

I'm sure Hile was a fantastic Chief Justice, but that's not the point. Ability and appropriateness are not interchangeable. Just because a Delegate can have positions in multiple regions at the same time does not mean they should.
tsp

If one can do jobs in multiple regions, then let them. If they falter, recall them, and remember that when they run in the next election.

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Why shouldn't the delegate focus on TSP with all if their NS time. Leading isn't a job where you just put in some time to do essential tasks. There is always something to be done.

If you don't want to focus on TSP, you shouldn't run for delegate. If you want to step up involvement in other regions, don't campaign on stepping down in other regions.