Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official political parties?
As a rather new citizen of this great region, I believe that TSP would profit greatly from the creation of political parties that could express each citizen's viewpoint. I've heard in the past that political parties have been made here, but they've fallen due to lack of support, but this might change due to the revolt. The edition of political parties will create an interesting aspect to TSP, in my view. 

Thoughts?
I'm personally a supporter of a no party system.
This has been discussed about 4 or 5 times in the 2 years Ive been a citizen here... and I follow suit...

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/4718-victory-party/'>TSP IS a party</a>!! And its the only party we need!!
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Quote:As a rather new citizen of this great region, I believe that TSP would profit greatly from the creation of political parties that could express each citizen's viewpoint. I've heard in the past that political parties have been made here, but they've fallen due to lack of support, but this might change due to the revolt. The edition of political parties will create an interesting aspect to TSP, in my view.

I historically haven't and wouldn't be against political parties, but what do you think would be the practical use? Like ... what would the platforms be, exactly?
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

There isn't anything stopping you from forming a political party if you wish. I don't think they work that well in NS. But if you can make it work, then great.
i believe it would just be near impossible to create and hold (hold as in keeping the party active and alive) a political party. However if this would work out it would be fun to have!
The ideologies would depend on what the creator wants it to be. The thing is that I feel that a one party system doesn't represent all of our ideologies, and, most importantly, makes it difficult for different members to join in the government, because their ideas will be less known (and no, I'm not interested in running for an office...for now). A multi-party system would, possibly, allow for some great roleplaying and debating chances here. Really, I'm worried that TSP will lose the interest and intreague that it had during the revolution. At the very least we need to prove that we can be just as active under a free and fair system as in an autocracy, right? Also, out of curiosity, why do some want one-party?
Political parties have been proposed in TSP a number of times, but historically they haven't received much support. The style of governance that we've tried to promote is collaborative and inclusive, with a great emphasis on compromise and the good of the region as a whole, and tend to avoid confrontational politics. The idea of parties with official platforms, candidates and so forth has never been appealing; the idea that one group of people might be the only ones with good ideas, or the loyalty and dedication worthy of elected office, doesn't seem realistic. Part of that might be because our governance tends to technocratic rather than ideological; beyond the broad consensus that TSP should remain democratic, liberal and independent there is no driving ideology.

However there is no reason why people cannot or should not create political parties if they desire; while they are not mentioned in our laws, statue is not permissive; a law does not have to exist saying political parties may exist for them to exist. In much the same way the TSP University and Market Street are not governmental, and as such defined by statue, should someone wish to establish a political party they are free to do so and if they proved popular the admin team would be open to creating a specific area.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
The problem with political party is you need a platform to base off the ideology on.
The only platform in GamePlay comes down to either Raider/Defender (military view) and Cosmopolitan/Regionalism (community view), which is extraordinary limited compared to any roleplaying ideologies like capitalism, fascism, and the likes. 
Good points. Well, I'm not sure how much support I would get for forming a political party, so I guess I'll hang back from politics for a little while until I can get a feel for the region.
There's a difference between hanging back from politics and hanging back from forming a political party Yaltag. When I joined TSP I was a minister within a month, and delegate within four. I encourage you to suggest any ideas you have for making TSP better in the Assembly, and take part as fully as possible in the region.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
I know, I just want to have a greater understanding.
Same with me, i would like to get into a higher position but am afraid that my inexperience will hurt TSP. Ill start low and work my way up.
Not a big fan of political parties in NS. They're divisive enough IRL, and couple that with their inefficacy in NS just makes them what could best be described as a nuisance. I just vote for people based on how much I like their platform and how well I think they could do the job.
The more I've been thinking about this ... the more I think we've had something like political parties ... they just aren't lasting.

In the last election, several people endorsed each other ... no? So it's almost like they were running on a ticket ... despite that i was a political party per se.

At the same time, I don't think it's accurate to think of this system as a one-party system. It's more accurate to describe it as a multi-party system in that each individual takes a stance on the topic of the day. Everyone can have the voice heard, so always pick into the conversation. Smile
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

I think if there is a need for them, they will appear. If not, we don't need to force them.
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
I do find the idea of political parties interesting, but I think they would be quite difficult to maintain active and we would have to consider if there is enough diversity of platforms to require them. It would be more important to promote active participation in regional politics, just like Belschaft said. Before parties I think we need engaged citizens.
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
We tend to lack numbers for proper parties. Peoples allegiances change too often too. See; Carta.
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
I encourage anyone to organize in any ways they think would benefit TSP.

There is no reason to legislate that organization.
If ever there was a time to form a political party, now is it.

TSP Deputy Minister Of Foreign Affairs (DoFA)

TSP Ambassador To The East Pacific

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

TSP Ambassador To The Rejected Realms

Europeian Citizens' Assembly Associate Member

Do you want somebody murdered?

(Then don't call GE's General Services
)

But, for any other job, dial
HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

[Image: 20QJ0.png]

Quote:I encourage anyone to organize in any ways they think would benefit TSP.

There is no reason to legislate that organization.

I completely agree with this.
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
i agree also that political partys are disrutive and divisive but an interesting idea for power garnering. at the time of this posting there are two partys forming one is a disguised attack on the legidament goverment, the other is forming as counter attack. this party is made up by citizens out side the of "normal" circle of command.  Again two partys, all ready disruptive and divisive to the region.

I also agree that we should not and can not stop political partys from forming or falling apart.
We won't havta stop 'em from fallin' apart.

TSP Deputy Minister Of Foreign Affairs (DoFA)

TSP Ambassador To The East Pacific

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

TSP Ambassador To The Rejected Realms

Europeian Citizens' Assembly Associate Member

Do you want somebody murdered?

(Then don't call GE's General Services
)

But, for any other job, dial
HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

[Image: 20QJ0.png]