Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed Lazarus-TSP Treaty
I have been working on this for a while off on and on. We finally reached an agreement on wording a few days ago so here it is.

Quote:<strong class='bbc'>Treaty between The South Pacific and Lazarus</strong>

Preamble

We the regions of The South Pacific and Lazarus, Recognising that unity within the Game Created Regions is important, entre into the following alliance.

1) Each signatory recognises the government and laws of the other signatory as rightful and shall not seek to overthrow them or assist another region or organisation in doing so.

2) No signatory region shall conduct military operations inside the other signatory's region or support another region or organisation in doing so.

3) Neither signatory shall harbour an individual who attempts to overthrow the regime of the other signatory.

4) Both signatories agree to provide diplomatic and military support to one another in the event of an invasian or attempted coup against a signatory region if requested.

5) Each signatory agrees to share any relevant intelligence with the other signatory region, unless doing so would violate any standing agreements with other regions.

6) Each signatory region agrees to host an embassy for the other on their regional forums.

7) This treaty shall be considered void if a signatory region makes a post to that effect on the regional forums of the other. If this is done, the treaty shall cease to be in effect 5 days after a signatory has declared their intent to leave the treaty. This shall not be considered an act of hostility.

Signed,
Sounds solid enough to me Smile
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
Minor query Hil; if the intent is (as I am assuming it to be) to sign treaties with all the Sinkers, wouldn't it be easier if we just come to an agreement with them and sign the PSSP?
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
PSSP? Is that an MPA type thing?If so, I strongly oppose. We need individual treaties for if/when the MPA collapses in a screaming ball of useless.
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
Yeah lol, the MPA is a complete dud TongueAnd there is still the danger that while it does nothing proactive for activity or cooperation, the MoJ has shown its willingness to consider the MPA's values in our courts. Getting involved in these broad alliances, I therefore see as dangerous. Lets work with Lazarus one on one, this treaty to me does more than enough. To sign onto some kind of MPA pact, to commit to a new bureaucracy while also once again risking our sovereignty is not wise at all.Really I wish the MPA would die already, it would be an honest reflection of its complete uselessness. But with the current frame, even raising our withdrawal from the MPA would be conjured up as an attack against feeder solidarity. :glare: Anyway, this treaty is good. Let's keep it one on one.
Quote:Minor query Hil; if the intent is (as I am assuming it to be) to sign treaties with all the Sinkers, wouldn't it be easier if we just come to an agreement with them and sign the PSSP?
I actually would not be opposed to that. If you could work that out you have my full support. I stil wouldn't mind continuing to create individual treaties as well.
Laz has moved this to a vote. I suggest we do the same.
Agreed with Ant and Hax... Im more for the "personal" treaties then the broad all-in alliances...So, with that said, Im all for this going to vote Smile
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

I agree with that, too. Before we have a combined treaty takes at least another half year. Let's get something done.
[Image: 1ad3869e-07b4-47f3-8bf1-247c729479d6.jpg]

I personally believe that any kind of multi-lateral alliance needs to be based on strong bi-lateral relations anyway to have any chance of working and that a broad treaty should build on the existing treaty framework. This has my support.
 King of Albion

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=10511'>At vote</a>
[Image: HuoZhaoDao.png]