Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Citizenship Removal
I think we need to consider adding a clause to our Charter that will allow for citizenship removal if someone does not have a nation in TSP.
As an admin, I would be willing to work with the government here to remove / add citizenship when needed. Personally I'd be for the removal of citizenship from inactive / long gone folks.
If we do go down this route, I hope there is a reasonable time limit in place. What about the requirement of having a nation in The South Pacific in order to gain citizenship?
Quote:If we do go down this route, I hope there is a reasonable time limit in place.

What about the requirement of having a nation in The South Pacific in order to gain citizenship?
As far as I know Todd checks that when he approves applications. We don't require them to keep a nation in TSP after the initial check though.
its not hard to make a puppet and leave it here
Yeah as long as there are no re-entry barriers, I agree.
I don't think "nation in TSP" works. That isn't enforceable, unless someone is going to check nations, and someone can instantly put a puppet in and then it won't matter.What is the goal here? For example, the last thing we tried with citizens (which was struck down) was to have them register, I thought with our liberal citizenship policy we should at least know who is voting. Voting is really the significant thing about citizenship. So registration could be a time to check and make sure a nation is in TSP, but again you can just create one at the time or when an admin pokes you.If it is inactive folks, I'm not sure that is a great idea also. Because at the end of the day someone can always just meet the bare minimum. I still think registration is the best way to go, with our liberal policy we should at least have a list of people who actually vote. In the Assembly we get a list of who voted (plus how), in elections we should at least get the list.We are still back to the two crappy election laws. Unibot struck it down based on a part of the Charter. We could amend that part and try to bring that law back up.
Well, back in the Olden Days ™, we never made a big deal over who was member of the assembly and who wasn't. I agree that now we have formalized the citizenship more, we also need to keep up with it. Unfortunately, the only way I see this working is by a voter registration procedure before each election. There are many different ways to go about this.One way would be to have everyone re-register after every delegate election.
[Image: 1ad3869e-07b4-47f3-8bf1-247c729479d6.jpg]

I agree people should register before voting.But in striking down my reforms, Unibot ruled such a program would be illegal according to the Charter. Despite the fact I disagree with the ruling, it stands with him in the MoJ. The Charter will have to be amended for this to happen, so I think this is something to pick up in the council.
During the much contested MPA vote, we had people like Dali, who hadn't been in the region in years, come in, re-apply for citizenship, then vote in favour of the MPA, an organisation he was already part of in other regions.That, as a loophole, NEEDS to be shut.
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
That can only be shut if the application time is longer than the discussion&voting time...
[Image: 1ad3869e-07b4-47f3-8bf1-247c729479d6.jpg]

Or enact a rule saying you cannot vote on any legislation currently in progress when you first apply for citizenship.
New Southern Army Member
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
The problem with the Dali thing was that he was a citizen but hadn't been in TSP for years and then came in and applied but found out he was already a citizen and didn't have to apply a second time.
The root of the problem being people using ancient and unused citizenship to suddenly promote thier own interests for nations in other regions, not TSP
New Southern Army Member
Quote:The root of the problem being people using ancient and unused citizenship to suddenly promote thier own interests for nations in other regions, not TSP
It is a problem best solved by having an active TSP "native" community to counteract these kind of people.

Of course, we won't see any growth in that department with our current Charter and forum.
All the more reason for the Great Council.
New Southern Army Member
Quote:During the much contested MPA vote, we had people like Dali, who hadn't been in the region in years, come in, re-apply for citizenship, then vote in favour of the MPA, an organisation he was already part of in other regions.

That, as a loophole, NEEDS to be shut.
The only way I see such a thing being shut would be having the assembly review every application and make the call that way. But that's highly inefficient and time-consuming.
Perhaps we should explore a new citizenship process?