Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Reorg
I agree with the constant calls that this forum needs some reorganization in order to make it easier to communicate and trim the fat. Ive seen isolated discussions, but I am here to try to get to an agreement.Here is what I think the list should look like:Welcome:1) New To the Forums2) Citizen RequestDown Town TSP:1) News2) Chat3)Embassies4) Role PlayVoting Booth1) VoteGovernment:Keep the same but move archive hereGeneral:1)NS Discussions2)Off Topic3)Spam GamesI think the biggest issue is collapsing role-play and off topic into one, lively area.Also I think Technical is better suited as a topic.
...we ...have a thread for this already in Technical.I still think Citizen requests belong with 'new to the forums', as you can't have one without the other, and it's easier for a new player to have just one board to go to.News/Chat; basically the same thing really, particularly if we're keeping off topic; just merge them?Role play could probably go in off-topic, like you say.Does Archive belong in Gov? Lots of the archived stuff is fun and games.Do we really need NS discussions as well as news, and chat?? And offtopic? And spam games? An awful lot of boards for very similar things, particularly as you suggested collapsing some to make a lively area.I'll highlight my plan here for conveniences sake;The Welcome Mat1. New to the forums/citizenshipDowntown TSP1. South Pacific News (this can incorporate what is currently 'regional affairs'2. Embassy CentralVoting BoothGovernment(As current)General1.Off-Topic (include Technical as a Sticky)2. Forum Games3. ArchiveThis is 3 boards fewer than you suggest, but would fulfil our needs perfectly, imo.
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
I think there is a need for an official news forum, and do not really think it is interchangeable with something else. I am not a roleplayer, but it is very different from off topic due to the in character nature of it.It doesnt make a difference if welcome and citizenship are merged to me.
To be different and clear up a question of Ant's:Welcome: (Kinda split on the merging them thing)1) New To the Forums2) Citizen RequestDown Town TSP:1) News/Announcements2) Chat - This is an embedded IRC chat3)Embassy Central4) Role Play (Kinda Like it here if we actually start some)Voting Booth (Don't know if we need this one up after elections have concluded)1) VoteGovernment:Move the laws forum into the Assembly. We have a link on the quick link bar thing and I don't believe that it is needed here as well.General:1) NS Discussions - this would be discussions about NS stuff not related to TSP directly or that includes all of NS2) Off Topic 2a) Forum Games3) Technical (Don't think this should be merged to another forum)
Just not sure we need a TSP news and a general news; we already have embassies that give some info, and posts on what's going on in other regions have been put in SPIN recently; I'd have one board for NS news in general, probably in down-town.On chat; we already have a chat link up top ^ . Just cos Balder/Osiris felt the need to put theirs in their board too, we don't need to copy TongueI was wondering why the voting booth was still visible too.
New Southern Army Member
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
I'm not a roleplayer but surely that would require its own forum so rp threads don't get lost among other threads? Apart from that one thing I will say from the perspective of an ambassador is that TSP has by far the easiest and best forum location for embassies compared to other regions where they are buried at the bottom or in sub-forums.
 King of Albion

Voting booth, according to our law, needs to be up for at least two weeks after the last elections end. They can come down now. As for RP threads - we have a forum for that one - it's in the second category.
We have an RP forum but no RP community; hence my suggestion for a merge; there'd be only one RP thread at best, not hard to find. Smile
New Southern Army Member