Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wait, how do i find a job?
Quote:The job market is tough. No one seems to know it better than our nation's fresh-faced recent college graduates. They've discovered a harsh truth?despite hounding alumni for donations, colleges aren't able to find jobs for them. One recent college grad in New York City is fighting back, since she graduated three whole months ago and her alma mater hasn't found her a job yet.

Apparently, the career services office at Monroe College gives preferential treatment to students with good GPAs. In her complaint, Trina Thompson of the Bronx wrote:

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' >I recently graduated with my Bachelors in April 2009. I am seeking a reinbursement of $70,000 from my tutision because the Office of Career Advancement Information Technology Couselors are not making sure their Monroe e-recruiting clients call the graduates that recently finished college for a interview to get a job placement. They have not tried hard enough to help me. I am also seeking $2,000 for the stress I have been going through looking for a Full Time job on my own.
<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/08/03/new.york.jobless.graduate/index.html'>CNN Newslink</a>

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/08/03/thompson.pdf'>Court docs, via Cnn</a>

Course, if you look at her court document, you can see the following words mispelt: counselors, tutition, and reimbursement.

Looks like uni didn't prepare her for RL...

BANJECT RL!
</blockquote> I think it's important to point out that I've seen plenty of ads for Monroe College in the subway. It seems like a not very reputable institution if you ask me.

Kinda like a University of Phoenix in NYC.
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

Messages In This Thread
wait, how do i find a job? - by mavenu - 08-05-2009, 04:16 PM
wait, how do i find a job? - by tsunamy - 08-11-2009, 03:43 PM
wait, how do i find a job? - by mavenu - 08-12-2009, 03:58 PM
wait, how do i find a job? - by Caer Rialis - 08-13-2009, 12:57 AM
wait, how do i find a job? - by mavenu - 08-14-2009, 03:35 AM
wait, how do i find a job? - by mavenu - 08-30-2009, 04:10 PM