The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.9 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floods
If anyone noticed, I've disappeared for almost a week (and most likely will for some more time), because of the freaking floods here. While we are used to flooding, this is definitely one of the worse ones. Our house was flooded (which normally goes unmolested by the regular floods occurring in the city), fortunately, not that much. I know some friends of mine who lost much of their stuff underwater; fortunately nobody I knew perished, but the death toll is now 250+. One of the worst stuff happened <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzZjEetShXI'>here</a>:

That is in fact, a hospital-university! :glare:

Right now I have no internet connection and is just posting from some public Wi-Fi; most likely I won't be online for the next few days as I shelter myself in my internet-less house and stockpiling food, candles, and board games to keep ourselves from being bored and from starvation. B) Because, there is another incoming storm! :glare:

I'm not in the position to complain about my situation as I know I'm relatively better off than others who had been truly inundated; but I, as with the citizenry, is in the position to lash out at the government's poor response and poor preparation for the oncoming onslaught. For a nation battered by natural calamities almost every other month, <em class='bbc'>they ought to know better</em> in terms of disaster management!. But no, all they do is a knee-jerk reaction every time some storm, flood, landslide, earthquake, bombing, or what-the-f*ck-disaster will hit. *sighs* The person in charge of disaster preparedness is too busy in his presidential ambitions... perhaps that's where the disaster preparedness fund went. Hopefully the Philippine electorate will remember the 250+ dead at the polling precincts next year! :angry:

(I will not continue ranting some more; lest your computer explode with my anger. Tongue )
Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile

Messages In This Thread
Floods - by Brutland and Norden - 10-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Floods - by mavenu - 10-03-2009, 05:37 AM
Floods - by Bodhisattva Babes - 10-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Floods - by Caer Rialis - 10-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Floods - by Polkstreet - 10-05-2009, 04:29 PM