The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.9 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A proposal
Greetings to our neighbors in the South Pacific! In case I haven't said it before, congratulations on the peaceable appointment of your new Delegate. May your reign be as long as your predecessor's. I know it's a busy first few months, but if I may, I have a little suggestion to make to improve your region's effectiveness on the world scene.

As you well know, the WA has gotten more influential of late. Liberation resolutions (and less effective Commend and Condemns) allow the WA to reach areas that it previously could not. As a result, WA politics have gotten more heated, and old concerns have come up that were previously overlooked.

One of these is the fact that a very large proportion of players vote in WA resolutions simply according to whichever side has more votes at the moment. As a result, votes cast at the beginning of the voting cycle have far more of an effect than votes cast at the end. A few large user-region Delegates have taken advantage of this to effectively control Resolutions, while large regions that traditionally vote at the end now have next to no effect in the face of what may then be a gap of thousands of votes.

So, my suggestion is this: Begin voting on resolutions on this forum when they reach quorum as proposals, and cast your Delegate votes as soon after they go up for vote as Resolutions as you can. This will greatly increase TSP's influence on resolutions. If there is a queue, it will also grant more time to vote and discuss resolutions internally. It <em class='bbc'>will</em> take some effort to keep track of what's reached quorum when - but I don't think that having additional useful things for ministers to do is a bad thing.

Best wishes,

Kandarin

Messages In This Thread
A proposal - by Kandarin - 01-26-2010, 07:08 PM
A proposal - by sedge - 01-26-2010, 10:36 PM
A proposal - by Caer Rialis - 01-27-2010, 04:32 AM
A proposal - by Daytime to Night - 01-28-2010, 08:55 PM
A proposal - by Dyr Nasad - 01-29-2010, 12:21 AM
A proposal - by Todd McCloud - 01-29-2010, 05:26 PM
A proposal - by Kandarin - 01-29-2010, 08:45 PM
A proposal - by mavenu - 01-30-2010, 11:20 PM