Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabinet Dismissal / Apointment law
Ok, I will take the liberty to phrase a few items I have seen here in this thread.

Appointment of unoccupied positions, Charter, between article 11 and 12:

Quote:The Delegate may appoint a minister if the position for that ministry remains vacant after a regular or special election, or becomes vacant after a minister steps down voluntarily, or is removed from office by impeachment or motion of no confidence.

While a minister position is vacant, the Delegate may exercise the duties of this minister, or, the Delegate may authorize another minister to exercise the duties belonging to the vacant position.
Removal of inactive minister, Charter, between articles 12 and 13?, alternatively as part of article 6; rather not as new law as, or the explicit mention has to be removed from above statement about appointment
Quote:Any member of the Assembly may table a motion of no confidence in a minister, in case of concerns about the activity of the minister or other issues hindering the minister to fulfill their office according to the duties laid out in the charter, other than gross misconduct. The motion shall be put to vote after a week of debate by the chair of the assembly, or, if the motion is against the chair of the assembly, by the prime minister.
I think this will give us a lot more flexibility in handling things.

Also, I found a mention of UN somewhere in the charter. We should kill it.

EDIT: hrruugh. I thought we killed the month-long voting of charter amendments...I'm fairly sure I proposed this at some stage. Maybe it didn't make it.

Messages In This Thread
Cabinet Dismissal / Apointment law - by Guest - 06-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Cabinet Dismissal / Apointment law - by BKB - 07-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Cabinet Dismissal / Apointment law - by Guest - 07-03-2010, 08:56 AM