The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.9 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amendment to the Charter
Striking Chapter V articles 8-11 in their entirety.

Renaming and Replacing with:

Quote:<strong class='bbc'>Chapter V.

Cabinet Officials of the Region</strong>

<strong class='bbc'>Article 8: Duties of these officials</strong>

The Charter of the Coalition of The South Pacific calls for five (5) separate and distinct Ministries represented and run by member nations of the South Pacific. The Minister of the Ministry must be a member nation of the South Pacific. They need not be a UN member; however it is recommended. They must work only for the benefit of The South Pacific. They must pledge fealty to the office not the delegate.

<strong class='bbc'>Article 9: Appointment and Dismissal</strong>

These officials shall be appointed by the Delegate at the pleasure of the sitting delegate. In the same right, these officials may be dismissed and relieved of all duties by the Delegate.

<strong class='bbc'>Article 10: Approval</strong>

All and any Cabinet appointments by the Delegate must be confirmed by the Assembly with a 50% + 1 majority. Any removals by the Delegate must be confirmed by the same margin.
I understand this will probably be a bit controversial, but consider the situation. I feel the region has fallen inactive, and in this time we need to give the Delegate flexibility to run a government the best as possible. It doesn't seem likely to be that these positions will have much, if any competition, or even if elections are actively kept track anymore.

This will give the Delegate the ability to appoint a Cabinet, but also continue to have oversight by the Assembly.

Opinions? Angry rants :none: ?
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?

Messages In This Thread
Amendment to the Charter - by HEM - 08-01-2010, 04:48 AM
Amendment to the Charter - by Southern Bellz - 08-01-2010, 05:19 AM
Amendment to the Charter - by Guest - 08-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Amendment to the Charter - by HEM - 08-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Amendment to the Charter - by Todd McCloud - 08-01-2010, 05:29 PM