Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening Address
I hardly think you are one to speak of condescension. You've waltzed into this region, effectively insulted some members with the tone and the attitude displayed by yourself. Do you honestly think that everyone was going to bow and scrape to you because you had fantastic ideas? They may indeed be fantastic. but the way they have been presented - from my point of view - is that EVERYTHING done by the elders and the forefathers of this region is just WRONG. WRONG. Effectively, you have implied that everything so far has been a waste of time, and that your ideas, and your ideas alone are the only way to improve this region.Democracy doesn't work like that, HEM. The South Pacific has always prided it'self on the fact everyone has a voice. And that all voices are heard before our cabinet goes off and has their say, and then it is brought back to the people for a final vote.Your 'constitution' was nothing more than a self righteous mockery of our values. Todd has the right idea - breaking down the components of the existing charter (which, incidently has served this region more than effectively for almost 8 years). Noone likes a self righteous dictator, HEM. And that is the way you are coming across, and I am positive that is not your intent. Don't shove the ideas down our necks. Consider things. And then you'll be an effective leader. Noone is against you. I am against attitude and anything that goes against what TSP is all about. You have great ideas - perhaps you need to work on the delivery.

Messages In This Thread
Opening Address - by HEM - 09-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Opening Address - by kloister - 10-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Opening Address - by HEM - 10-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Opening Address - by Fudgie - 10-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Opening Address - by HEM - 10-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Opening Address - by Fudgie - 10-14-2010, 03:41 AM
Opening Address - by HEM - 10-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Opening Address - by Southern Bellz - 10-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Opening Address - by Fudgie - 10-14-2010, 09:12 PM