Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed 'Declaration on the Rights and Duties of Nations'
Quote:Having gone over this I'm of the opinion that everything this contains is already covered by the Charter and Code of Laws. However, I am attracted to the idea of some kind of declaration of rights, duties and first principles that would serve as a guiding document for The Coalition, to replace the more abstract conventions that we've previously shared. This is particularly useful as we currently have a new influx of citizens less experienced with said conventions. As such, I'm broadly and cautiously in support of this idea. It'll need to be done carefully to make sure the Declaration remains coherent with statute, but assuming that's possible, I encourage the pursuit of this. In keeping with my own convention I'll try and limit my role here to technical work whilst CoA, but if anyone wants advice feel free to contact me.
That is precisely the point. I figured it would be positive to have a separate declaration to highlight the importance of rights in the business of TSP. Provided that all complies with current laws I believe it would be a fine addition to out democratic commitment.
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate

Messages In This Thread
Proposed 'Declaration on the Rights and Duties of Nations' - by Kris Kringle - 05-15-2013, 03:56 PM