Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed 'Declaration on the Rights and Duties of Nations'
Quote:I think this, in theory, is awesome. Beyond that, its going to send us down the slippery slope of having "2nd class citizens" as Hile has mentioned. I don't think that is the way to go. Besides, just because you are a citizen, doesnt mean you HAVE to participate in the political side of things. We have MANY citizens who voice their opinions, then dont vote in elections or in the Assembly.

If this were to go through, I think it'd be necessary to include it in the welcoming TG (if thats been set up?) to new nations spawning in TSP. Smile

[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]I have addressed those particular concerns in a new 7th article. It's application though would entirely depend on each nation. I don't really see this bill though as creating 2nd class citizens, but rather guaranteeing non citizen residents certain fundamental rights in their region. They may have those already, but I like the idea of the Coalition making a statement on that particular issue, to highlight that citizenship may be a requirement for full participation (and it currently is) but that certain rights are beyond that and belong to each nation.[/font]
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate

Messages In This Thread
Proposed 'Declaration on the Rights and Duties of Nations' - by Kris Kringle - 05-15-2013, 04:28 PM