Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed 'Declaration on the Rights and Duties of Nations'
Quote: 
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rebel-topia" data-cid="99629" data-time="1368634029"><div>I think this, in theory, is awesome. Beyond that, its going to send us down the slippery slope of having "2nd class citizens" as Hile has mentioned. I don't think that is the way to go. Besides, just because you are a citizen, doesnt mean you HAVE to participate in the political side of things. We have MANY citizens who voice their opinions, then dont vote in elections or in the Assembly.

If this were to go through, I think it'd be necessary to include it in the welcoming TG (if thats been set up?) to new nations spawning in TSP. Smile

The game-side welcoming TG has actually been suspended, mainly due to the taxation of having to manually send TGs.

</div></blockquote> 
**cough, cough**TalkToSheepa**cough, cough, cough**

Sorry about that... bit of a coughing fit... Anyway...

Quote: 
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rebel-topia" data-cid="99629" data-time="1368634029"><div>I think this, in theory, is awesome. Beyond that, its going to send us down the slippery slope of having "2nd class citizens" as Hile has mentioned. I don't think that is the way to go. Besides, just because you are a citizen, doesnt mean you HAVE to participate in the political side of things. We have MANY citizens who voice their opinions, then dont vote in elections or in the Assembly.

If this were to go through, I think it'd be necessary to include it in the welcoming TG (if thats been set up?) to new nations spawning in TSP. Smile

[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]I have addressed those particular concerns in a new 7th article. It's application though would entirely depend on each nation. I don't really see this bill though as creating 2nd class citizens, but rather guaranteeing non citizen residents certain fundamental rights in their region. They may have those already, but I like the idea of the Coalition making a statement on that particular issue, to highlight that citizenship may be a requirement for full participation (and it currently is) but that certain rights are beyond that and belong to each nation.[/font]

</div></blockquote> 
I think this can be mushed into an amendment with a line or 3 in the charter itself.
Affording those who reside in TSP general liberties only works if they choose to participate. The RMB is a great place to start, but posts can get lost very quickly there. Once its pushed off the last page, its in one ear and out the other so to speak... Which is why its hard to run a government on the RMB.
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Messages In This Thread
Proposed 'Declaration on the Rights and Duties of Nations' - by Rebel-topia - 05-15-2013, 05:27 PM