Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amendment to Article 5 of the Charter
Quote:I don't think SPINN belongs with the government.  I think CJ should just be part of the cabinet.

I like the ideas of civic organizations outside of the government.  I think SPINN and TSPU are great examples of them and I think we should encourage more.

I would think SPINN having access to the Cabinet meetings would be a boon for their reporting. Otherwise, SPINN would be relying on only what the Cabinet puts out there. And if SPINN editors already have access to the Cabinet forum by virtue of being forum admins, I would personally rather they have the legal means to write about what goes on in there, instead of possibly taking advantage of access they have unrelated to their SPINN role.

In real life, members of the media have close access to government officials, and various media organizations have direct access to government meetings. So that's the parallel I think we're trying to draw here, in my view. If SPINN objects to being labeled as a junior Cabinet position, though, I don't see a problem with removing the label. But if there's no legal means for SPINN to view Cabinet meetings, and yet any information not released by the Cabinet is printed, then I would have a serious problem with that going forward. This isn't any kind of accusation, but just a hypothetical.
[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

Messages In This Thread
Amendment to Article 5 of the Charter - by Sandaoguo - 09-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Amendment to Article 5 of the Charter - by Mizay - 09-28-2013, 09:10 PM