The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.9 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AT VOTE: Repeal "Rights & Duties of WA States"
Repeal "Rights & Duties of WA States"

A resolution to again demonstrate that most WA regulars believe they are entitled to troll Auralia.

Category: Repeal | Resolution: GA#2 | Proposed by: <a class="" href="http://www.nationstates.net/nation=world_assembly_charter_working_group">[Image: world_assembly_charter_working_group__677592t2.jpg]World Assembly Charter Working Group</a>

Description: WA General Assembly Resolution #2: Rights and Duties of WA States (Category: Political Stability; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: <i>Strongly affirming</i> the need for a World Assembly charter that clearly delineates the basic rights and responsibilities of World Assembly member states,

<i>Regretting</i> that the numerous flaws present in GAR #2, "Rights and Duties of WA States", necessitate its repeal,

<i>Condemning</i> the target resolution's morally repugnant conception of war, which is that war is permissible so long as it is consensual,

<i>Shocked</i> that this conception of war effectively legalizes armed conflict between two or more mutual aggressors, in which each party wishes to take control over the others’ territory, population or resources, because such a war is technically consensual,

<i>Appalled</i> that this conception of war also forbids most just wars, including peacemaking operations and humanitarian interventions, because not all parties consent to the conflict,

<i>Distressed</i> that the target resolution forbids nations from any unrequested intervention in the sovereign affairs of other nations, regardless of whether such intervention is justified, as in the case of peacemaking operations and humanitarian intervention,

<i>Alarmed</i> that the target resolution's requirement that resolutions be implemented in "good faith" is sufficiently vague as to permit the effective circumvention of resolutions through sincere yet invalid interpretations of resolutions, while prohibiting the World Assembly from passing a separate resolution governing the legitimate interpretation of resolutions,

<i>Concerned</i> that the target resolution prevents the World Assembly from taking or supporting any military action whatsoever, precluding the World Assembly from addressing violations of human rights or threats to international peace and security,

<i>Strongly hoping</i> that a replacement charter will soon be passed,

The General Assembly,

<i>Repeals</i> GAR #2, "Rights and Duties of WA States".

Forum thread: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic....9&t=262545

Vibrant Coconuts

WA Advisor to the The South Pacific

Also known as Gruenberg
, Quintessence of Dust
and The Dark Star Republic

Messages In This Thread
AT VOTE: Repeal "Rights & Duties of WA States" - by Vibrant Coconuts - 03-20-2014, 08:32 AM