Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Userite Myth (by New Pacific Order)
Ugh, somehow I lost my original post on this. But this is pretty bad to be honest. It makes constant assumptions about UCRs and GCRs that are incorrect. It's telling me that people only leave because they are disillusioned because they don't understand or because they are coerced by people who have been banned from GCRs. That is bogus and untrue. The idea that GCRs are like some sort of faith and that when one understands, they wouldn't want to leave is mind blowingly strange. Surely one can not enjoy the culture and government in any one of these and would rather join or create another region which better suits them?

Secondly, very few people are actually banned from GCRs and then recruit from them. Most people who leave the GCRs leave because they are recruited by other people who have left who have wanted the joy of creating their own region or joining a region which better suits their style of play. The founder of Europeia, is right here in TSP. So... no. That was a really bad assumption that should have actually been investigated (even using examples). 

When you take away the fact that most people outside of the GCRs aren't "enforced" then most of this essay doesn't make a whiff of sense. You're trying to tell me that the people who run these UCRs are doing so because they aren't allowed back in and are producing lies to keep people there. Umm... no. While it must sound cool that those people you don't allow within your region are forming different cliques to spite you, it's wrong. Like, where did the author come up with this idea? I'd recommend actually doing research.

Thirdly, calling everyone feederites because they started out in a feeder is the equivalent to calling them all bananas in terms of it's usefulness. It says nothing of their motivations. It does nothing to increase my understanding of NS. Most people realized that all nations started out in the feeders the moment they started, it's nothing enlightening. Hate to break it to the author, but the GCRs are not the centre of the universe to all nations nor are UCRs primarily from people who've been banned from GCRs.... 

This whole thing irks me because it feels like a slap to my intelligence Tongue

Messages In This Thread
The Userite Myth (by New Pacific Order) - by Guy - 03-23-2014, 03:39 PM
The Userite Myth (by New Pacific Order) - by Rachel Anumia - 03-21-2014, 09:01 PM