Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trial Procedure Law
Well, for the most part, Mirabellis, the trials are already run in that manner. The only difference being that the jury instructions are given first, because if they're not people who aren't in the jury are going to try and wiggle their way into having a say in the verdict/sentence. That, and I don't decide the sentence. There are already sentencing guidelines (ejection for 3 warnings, ejection for voter fraud, etc.), but they don''t cover all cases and circumstances, and that's where I feel a jury should decide how to punish.Like brownvillejct said, the jury should be the determining factor in sentences as well as verdicts. Partially because it's highly prejudicial for me to set up the thread, be the prosecution, and then decide the sentence if they're found guilty. Judge, jury, executioner is not my bag. And in this case, the jury was given several options as to sentencing, both by myself and the defense, as well as the leeway to enforce additional conditions provided they were reasonable. My job is to help codify and enforce regional law. It's the job of juries, composed of citizens of our region, to decide the verdict and punishment when a trial is necesary.

Messages In This Thread
Trial Procedure Law - by Mirabellis - 09-19-2003, 01:30 PM
Trial Procedure Law - by Guest - 09-19-2003, 04:15 PM
Trial Procedure Law - by brownvillejct - 09-19-2003, 06:29 PM
Trial Procedure Law - by Slackervania - 09-19-2003, 08:00 PM
Trial Procedure Law - by Aurellis - 09-19-2003, 11:12 PM
Trial Procedure Law - by Mirabellis - 09-20-2003, 01:40 AM