The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.9 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling a Great Council
I'm officially declaring my intent to call for a great council once elections have been concluded in roughly a months time. This is something I have been considering for a while, and with the forum move I have decided to act upon.

Our laws are a mess - both technically since the move, and literally in terms of what they say. They contradict themselves, make limited sense, and in many cases - such as the judicial system - are not fit for purpose. I do not wish to start again, but rather re-draft what we have in simpler, fewer documents. For ten years we have had one Charter, and I respect that, but over time amendments have made it complex and muddled. I can honestly say that even I do not fully understand our law anymore. This needs to change; our laws need to be simple, clear and concise.

I envision my ideal version as being split into a smaller number of documents than at present;

The Charter
The Judicial Code
The Executive Code
The Legislative Code

That is all we need, if we work it properly. A couple more may be needed, but I don't think more than six at max should be required. I have no intent to change the law radically, and I will be working from the Charter as I draft something to put before the cabinet, but the time for change has come.

I would like all your input on this please.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]

Messages In This Thread
Calling a Great Council - by Belschaft - 03-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Calling a Great Council - by Belschaft - 03-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Calling a Great Council - by Milograd - 03-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Calling a Great Council - by Brutland and Norden - 03-06-2013, 12:33 PM