Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citizenship Discussion
Quote:I was directly addressing QD's claim that the forum is restrictive as to what you can see before registering.  The only areas non-registered members and registered non-citizens can see exactly the same thing.  Citizens only get the added benefit of the Assembly private halls and the voting chamber area.

Which is the way is should be...

People wont think twice about registering their account on the forums, cause they wont need to. They'll think about it once, and if they dont want to supply a legitimate email, even one created JUST for NS, then they arent going to do it. Nothing really can change their mind.
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

I just logged off and went thru the forumn and it seems (at the moment) to be more open than it has been in the past, As such. that part of my statement appears to be a non issue.

\

The whole point I was trying to make is that the "government" here is 20 or so active people I'll call the inner circle. I've been playing for a while and in the beginning, the only thing I thought NS was was issues and endorsements. I tried to get involved but was met with "but we don't trust you" comments from those in charge and have survived the threats of assassination several times. The current discussion on inclusion on the RMB is going on with no real government involvement, nor pointers to here to continue the conversation. The endo-cap issue annoys people because it only applies to those outside the inner circle. Southern Bellz is over the endo-cap substatially enough that Brutland and Norden should be able to resign from the WA and turn over the delegacy but with all those over the limit (assumed) god knows who the next delegate would be, so like in the past the first two months of a newly elected delegate is wasted on getting the endos correct.

I understand the frustrations of the situation and like usual, the inner circle will discuss it for months and something might or might happen. There are 2900+ nations in TSP and there has to be an effort made to get better communications to them and generate interest to get them here. Who knows, maybe this delegate on this term will get it right/better. I certainly hope so.

Former Chief Justice of the South Pacific

[Image: vipersig.jpg]
I would have to agree that discussions about government involvement in the RMB, though important, have featured so far negligible participation from government officials. We have several threads here in the Forum about how to involve TSP residents in the Forum but we have had little or no discussion on how to bring our government closer to residents. Like I said in the RMB, just as we ask for residents to get involved in government to bring upon change, government must promote discussions in all places possible, and the RMB is one tool to which all residents have unlimited access.

In having government officials participate in the RMB not just to make occasional statements we could at least argue that government is closer to the people, despite several nations not responding. Right now we cannot make that claim.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate