Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Osiris Coup
Osiris has been couped by Douria's nation in which Nev is in control of.  The WFE now reads it is a "Protectorate of Gatesville".  I strongly recommend we issue a statement of support very soon.

Apparently there was some sort of agreement between Nev and Douria for not attacking Osi and when Douria lost the Del election he passed his nation to Nev to coup.

I can not draft anything until tonight, but I authorize anyone to make a draft, that can be posted with my or awesome's approval.

points that need to be hit imo:

An invasion against Osi is unacceptable

Handing out passwords is an anti gameplay move

Due to our recently repaired relations with Gatesville, we request they withdraw from osi before this conflict escalates

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

*sighs*

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Kantrias is also interested in our view of this, as they have mentioned to me.

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Our stance right now is we will support Osi, but hope Gatesville will withdraw so this conflict can be resolved swiftly.

Osiris is having a strategy meeting at 12PM GMT/7PM EST tonight. Anyone on IRC around then poke me about it.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

Bels, please take minutes for the TSP cabinet if you are there

Working on a draft statement;

[Image: tsp_logo.png]
Statement from the Cabinet of the South Pacific
in regards to The Dourian-Nevadar Coup of Osiris

Having observed recent events in Osiris, The South Pacific most firmly condemns the actions of the former Pharaoh Treize Dreizehn, aka The Dourian Embassy, Nevadar, and Gatesville. All regions posses the sovereign right to govern themselves in peace without fear of foreign invasion or coup d'etat. Osiris has acted in no manner that would lead to that right being justifiably abridged, and as such The South Pacific considers the actions of Gatesville and their associates fundamentally illegitimate. We will be supporting our ally in any and all ways we can during this difficult time, and call for the immediate and unconditional withdrawal of Gatesville from Osiris, the return of control of the region to the legally elected democratic government of the region, and the immediate transferal of the delegacy to the legally elected Delegate Cormac Stark.

In the short term The South Pacific insists that Gatesville withdraw any forces from Osiris if they wish to maintain good standing with The South Pacific.  It is simply unacceptable to occupy an ally of The South Pacific and maintain good standing with our region. We implore Gatesville to take the correct action to end this crisis peacefully whilst they still can, and The South Pacific is willing to aid in any action that will result in an swift and peaceful resolution to this conflict.

Thank You,
The Cabinet of the South Pacific

Looks good to me.

Added in a line mentioning Cormac by name.

I'd really like cabinet unanimity on this one, but getting a statement out ASAP is also important. How long do you think I should wait before issuing it on my own initiative Hile?

Things like this need to be out quickly.  I personally feel it can wait a couple more hours.  Several other regions have already released a statement and they aren't exactly as close to Osi as we are.

My only concern is the bit cutting ties with GV. I think it's the right move, but I don't know if everyone would agree.

Issued due to time constraints. If we need to roll it back I can take the hit.

FFS, why did you have to add the severing ties to GV part?

I know there was time pressure, but that is taking MASSIVE liberties with drafting a statement.

Where did you post this?
Fuck Gatesville (pardon my french)

Maybe we shouldn't have cut ties instantly, but I think it was inevitable.

I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
I reacted emotionally to what I saw, and Bel and I talked it out.  Ultimately, I am fine with it.  I just was looking to play it a bit differently.

But I wasn't online and what was done by Bel was exactly what I requested, so I will like to apologize and thank Bel for drafting the statement.

Anymore updates on this?

What is TWP's stance? I see they are in.

TWP sucks.

Got this TG from Cormac when asking for an update:

Quote: 

There is a full list of those to endorse available here: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Osiris_NS/topic/7073703/

<p style="font-family:Verdana, Tahoma;font-size:13px;">However, endorsements will be concentrated on:

<p style="font-family:Verdana, Tahoma;font-size:13px;"><a class="" href='http://www.nationstates.net/nation=detective_figs'>The Kai Repat of Detective Figs</a>
<a class="" href='http://www.nationstates.net/nation=sentimental_journey'>The Theocracy of Sentimental Journey</a>

<p style="font-family:Verdana, Tahoma;font-size:13px;">As one of these two nations is likely to be lead in any update liberation attempt.

<p style="font-family:Verdana, Tahoma;font-size:13px;">Thanks,

Cormac
Just received this regional TG

Quote: 

[Region telegram]

The Governor Imperator of The Dourian EmbassyThe Governor Imperator of The Dourian Embassy → region: Osiris
9 hours ago

Citizen!

Over two weeks have passed since the beginning of the Osiris Reformation. The old power players who've long exploited the resources of this region have been driven deep underground. I, Durkadurkiranistan, have been appointed your leader during this process. Fret not: I am a benevolent, forgiving, and wise delegate; and under my leadership, Osiris will be the undisputed center of the Nationstates GCR world.

It is therefore with great pleasure that I announce The Osiris Imperium. The Osiris Imperium is henceforth the governing body of Osiris; and under the Imperium, Osiris remains an overseas Gatesville protectorate. I, the Governor Imperator of Osiris, am tasked with running the Osiris protectorate, and I've assembled a Cabinet and forum to help me do so. You may visit our new forum here: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Usiris/index/. There you can participate in Osiris during these crucial and historic times.

There are rumors of rebellious tribal cells - specifically, that such cells hope to overthrow Gatesvillian rule and the Imperium. I will continue to seek out and exterminate these violent rebellions, but I encourage the good citizens of Osiris to simply keep calm and carry on. The Imperium is not at war with these tribes! They are too primitive to be graced with a war declaration, as far as I am concerned. Indeed, they are not even close to us in terms of military strength, and they lack the means to pose a serious threat to The Imperium.

As stated, I am a forgiving delegate. Any Osiran guilty of prior hostile actions against the delegate may petition the Governor Imperator for a full pardon. Consider the olive branch graciously extended; forsake your past sins and you will find a home in the Osiris Imperium.

The Reformation marches forward. Long live the Imperium! Long live Gatesville!

-Governor Imperator Durkadurkiranistan

~≋₪≋~

Quote: 

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Quote: 

Drugged Monkeys,

Osiris has further altered its war time strategy in an effort to reduce the influence of The Dourian Embassy.

We are asking supporting troops who do not already have a nation with 20 SPDR (influence) or above to resurrect a clean (i.e., unrecognizable) puppet in Osiris if possible or, if not possible, to move a clean puppet into Osiris and endorse The Dourian Embassy, then after 2-3 updates to endorse every WA nation in the region but continue endorsing The Dourian Embassy until they have accumulated an SPDR of 20 or above at which time they should withdraw their endorsements from him. This process should be repeated if puppets are ejected or banned.

We hope that this change in strategy will weaken the position of Gatesville Inc in the region. As always, we thank you for your support during this difficult time for Osiris.

Yours,

Cormac Stark

Pharaoh of Osiris
Osiris is falling apart as we speak. They're losing government members by the day, and their root admin Zaolot has just carried out a coup d'etat and removed all the other admins except Todd, and is threatening to shut down the forums.

At this point in time it's looking very likely that Gatesville will win by default.

The South Pacific will stand by those willing to fight for their region.

It is unacceptable for Gatesville to maintain a GCR colony.

*nods*

I'm in full agreement as a matter of honor and principle. This is going to be long and painful however.

Well, although it's not exactly the same coup we're fighting, I believe we can use our experience to help them for now, then at a point where things get better, let them fight their own battle

~≋₪≋~

Quote: 

Osiris has lost it's forums to Zaolot, who went rogue as root admin. Asta is currently root on their new forums, and Biyah is setting things back up. They managed to salvage a fair bit as Zao didn't destroy them immediately, but issued demands first.