Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why make SB wait any longer???
With the recent election of SB to the delegate seat behind us, why does the region have ot wait any longer for 100+ nations to unendorse S&B and/or endorse SB?  It would make more sense ... and be weeks faster ... to have B&N move out of the region for a major update and allow SB to take the chair.  Once SB is in position, B&N could move back to TSP and be graciously showered with (up to) 150 endorsements.  The short stay abroad shouldn't diminish B&N's Influence by very much and the quick transition of delegates on the RMB will earn a Gold Star for the region's election and transition process.

B&N and I are working on transitioning the delegacy shortly.

I understand what you are saying ... but again I ask, Why Wait?  This is a fast & simple solution. And those who are excited for the change (and for getting to see 'their candidate' in action) will be more energized.   

Have to agree with Tao on this one - why the delay? And will SB's term be extended by the period she has had to wait to take office?

I will be delegate shortly, do not worry.  I wanted to discuss a few mechanical issues with B&N and now we are on the same page

The security of the region is also an highly important factor during the transition. Not something to be rushed. SB is the acting delegate of TSP, holding the delegate seat is just one of the things the delegate takes on for regional moderation. All foreign and domestic relations can be handled with hold the actual WA seat right away.

The last time we rushed into a delegate transition we got burned....
Rather than ask B&N to leave (which could become a security problem), I would suggest TGing the nations that endorse him (and have not endorsed SB) one by one as a gentle reminder.  I wonder if many people are "away" for summer or otherwise busy and thus not up to date with what is going on?  It seems like a few of the people that were active on the RMBs a few months ago are not really active these days.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

All moot now ... since B&N did what TAO suggested.  Good call, B&N. 

Yes, because we'd never conducted a delegate handover before and were running around in circles like headless chickens until you made a suggestion.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Quote:Yes, because we'd never conducted a delegate handover before and were running around in circles like headless chickens until you made a suggestion.
Well then .. it is good I stopped by.  TAO is always happy to help.
Quote:Yes, because we'd never conducted a delegate handover before and were running around in circles like headless chickens until you made a suggestion.
Ouch....Bel must you be a dick to everyone you don't agree with?
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Belschaft" data-cid="102441" data-time="1372375470">

Yes, because we'd never conducted a delegate handover before and were running around in circles like headless chickens until you made a suggestion.
Ouch....Bel must you be a dick to everyone you don't agree with?</blockquote>
I agree, that was actually kind of cruel. In the end it's a good thing that citizens are actually taking interest in regional affairs and specially that they are ready to ask for democracy to be enforced. And actually it was a bit confusing to see that we had elections but endorsements did not change. Bel may know how previous handovers have been but not all of us have been here then. I myself have been here just since march.
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
TAO is happy the hand-off happened without a hitch.  Waiting weeks after an election before a change occurs kinda looks like a fixed election.  And it discourages those who voted for change to see no change occuring.  If democrasy is truly the goal, we need to have transparency in our leaders and our transitions. 

While transparency is important keeping the region secure is even more important.  There were details that needed worked out before the transition could happen and SB needed to have the second most endos.  Safely transitioning to a new Delegate takes some time and is something we all have to live with.

I have a reputation as a snarky bastard to maintain. It was 'since B&N did what TAO suggested' that annoyed me; we'd had the transition planned for days, including the date/time of it.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
On the transition aspect, perhaps it would be positive to inform newer citizens on TSP's transition procedure. I know that there were conversations to ensure a peaceful transition but newer citizens may not know that or may feel left out if they see no chance in Delegate and no explanation besides "we are working on the transition".

It is legitimate to work towards a secure transition, but not all nations know the procedure. Perhaps giving Hileville's explanation immediately after the election would have been positive. Besides, Belschaft, the time of transfer of the Delegacy may have been determined but a key aspect of democracy is letting the people know that there are concrete plans other than what few information we were told.
Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
But B&N did do what TAO suggested.  And then Bel did what TAO expected. 

*and SB needed to have the second most endos.*  That is so true.  Had someone else had the 2nd most endos, SB would not be the delegate after B&N did what TAO suggested.
Quote:On the transition aspect, perhaps it would be positive to inform newer citizens on TSP's transition procedure. I know that there were conversations to ensure a peaceful transition but newer citizens may not know that or may feel left out if they see no chance in Delegate and no explanation besides "we are working on the transition".

It is legitimate to work towards a secure transition, but not all nations know the procedure. Perhaps giving Hileville's explanation immediately after the election would have been positive. Besides, Belschaft, the time of transfer of the Delegacy may have been determined but a key aspect of democracy is letting the people know that there are concrete plans other than what few information we were told.

Well I wasn't around to give that explanation as I was hit with some important RL stuff.  I guess it is a matter of who you ask and how you ask it?
Perhaps we need for future elections to have the Delegate or someone from the Election Commission post in the Forum and in the RMB your explanation previous explanation.

I knew that eventually SB would get to Delegate but many have felt that for some time the election was left in the air, even if it wasn't, and maybe what was lacking was communication from those in charge.
Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

Personally, though, I abstained from making a public statement about how the handover will happen and when the handover will happen because delegate transitions are such a sensitive time for the region. Having an advertised time will help evil people to prepare to wreak havoc on our region. If we said that Hileville and I would either drop my WA or move to another region temporarily, it would further encourage the region's enemies to move against TSP as there will be only one other high-endo, high-influence person remaining then. We could not advertise anything as SB started below the endo cap. We had to wait for her to go well above the endo cap, and as such encouraged TSPers to endorse her in two mass telegrams. As some people have demonstrated, it is easy for anyone to get a hundred endos in 3-4 days, and so SB surpassing the endocap and being the second-most-highly-endoed in the region is not enough. We had to have a significant amount of delegate endos over the endocap.

During previous delegate handovers, delegate transitions lasted for weeks - the delegate-elect had to surpass the previous delegate's endos. That is the other way of delegate transition, and is much more safer. However, since I also cannot attend to the region anymore due to health and work issues, plus the fact that my endo count is so big vis-a-vis SB's, I had to make an immediate (and drastic) choice. TBH, I had very much wanted to have a successor take over, but that has to be done without compromising TSP's security much.

So we kept our enemies (and TSPers - I apologize for that) guessing as to whether I'll drop WA or just wait for SB to surpass me. Perhaps the length of time of transition made them thought we're going to do the latter. Wink

I did answer questions - quite a few TSPers asked some questions via telegram - and answered them.

Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
B&N answered my TG about this issue quickly and thoroughly and also I completely understand why the delegate transition took place this way.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific