Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-aggression pact with Kantrias
So, uh, what's it going to be guys? Voting now or waiting until after a possible special election?

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

Let's vote now
:THUMB:

Now would be best

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

I have a question before this goes to vote. Christopher Bishop used to the involved in the Kantrias government. Giving his actions in the British Isles, and his statement that he had had fun "setting [the British Isles] alight and dancing in the flames," I would just like to know how involved he is in Kantrias now.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

Quote:I have a question before this goes to vote. Christopher Bishop used to the involved in the Kantrias government. Giving his actions in the British Isles, and his statement that he had had fun "setting [the British Isles] alight and dancing in the flames," I would just like to know how involved he is in Kantrias now.

He's not listed anywhere on their forum header, which seems to list all of their senior government officials. I don't think it would hurt for the MoFA to inquire as to his involvement though.

I would also point out that according to this subsequent post and things I've heard from others, there's more to the story. Allegedly the government of British Isles was illegally dissolved by the Prince of Wales and administrative abuse was committed by forum administration. I have no idea how true that is, anymore than I know what exactly happened with Christopher Bishop, but my point is that I don't think we should hold a fairly unclear situation in British Isles against any particular individual until we know more, and certainly not against a completely different region.
Cormac Somerset

[Image: cormacshield.png]

The Brotherhood of Malice

General and Outside World Manager

"Defenderism is dead activity, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living activity, and lives the more, the more activity it sucks." - Me (paraphrasing Karl Marx)

An unexpected event popped up IRL. I will check with Kantrias on his status as soon as I can.
I did get a response from CQ.  I just forgot to post here.

Quote:Christopher Bishop has been a longstanding officer in the RKA, though he doesn't actually do anything anymore there. He has the title of Landgrave for his past service in the RKA and on the Court (he is no longer a member of the court and not an active soldier of the RKA anymore) and in general to the region, but Landgrave is a purely ceremonial title (we axed our House of Lords due to inactivity awhile ago), so basically, no.

Basically, no, he has no real role in the region other than to make sarcastic posts from time to time and walk the line between funny and trolling in the Kantrias Skype group. He always stays on the funny end of the line, but he walks it.
Also I would like to see this go to a vote now.  **hint hint, Rebel**

Kantrias seems inactive, they didn't attend the NS World Fair. Likewise, they haven't really worked with us much. I think they should actually like show they're willing to be constructive allies with us before we give them a diplomatic victory - they were a no show in our biggest social/diplomatic event of the year and basically seem to have just forwarded a treaty to us expecting to us sign it without having worked with Kantrias previously.
Never Cruel nor Cowardly,

Never Give Up, Never Give In.

Kantrias DID help during the coup and HAS been in contact with members of the Cabinet on a regular basis.  I know I was gone for a couple months but this treaty was negotiated by Awe and then just left to nothing here.  Awe has been working very hard on a cultural event with them which will take place at the end of the month (I believe).

Judging activity of a region right after the holidays probably isn't a great idea.  People are just now starting to fully get back to NS.

Was the treaty name just changed to "The Treaty of Amity" to snub UDL, by the way? I thought long and hard about that name. Tongue

Never Cruel nor Cowardly,

Never Give Up, Never Give In.