Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admin Access to this Forum
I know this has been a subject which came up recently on IRC and I want to ensure that it is resolved.  If the Cabinet does not want admins to have access to this area of the boards it can be removed.  The admin team is not here to serve as overlords and pick at every decision that has been made by the Cabinet.  During Bel's term as Delegate this access was not had by all admins.  I personally only gave it back to my self when I was asked to comment on something and it continued after I was elected MoFA.  If this is something that you would like to discuss that is fine and I am perfectly fine with whatever answer is given.  Admins will from now on go back to the policy of asking the new Cabinet when they are elected if they want us to read here and/or comment on occasion.

The access to the other Cabinet forum would probably still remain for a quick way of pulling admins in if needed.  But I really don't have any strong feelings about that either.

For the record, I am fine with admins viewing the Cabinet forums, as long as they don't engage in policy debates without being asked for their opinion. That was really the only thing that irked me.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

I think it would be nice of the admin group to ask the incoming cabinet what they would prefer.  While having someone offer advice can be helpful, it should be up to each elected cabinet how much influence they want or if they want people who weren't elected for that term to comment.

I would actually also suggest something I already mentioned in CSS which is that the outgoing cabinet meet with the incoming cabinet and be available to answer any questions for the first week or even two weeks.  

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

I generally welcome the additional input.  As long as they are being respectful that this is a cabinet subforum, and not really the place to 'bicker'

Taking a break from my no-government-this-week policy. Smile

I don't have any problems with our admins having access to this section, in no small part because currently they include some respectable and experienced people, that could give us some sound advice whenever needed. That said, I fully support allowing each new Cabinet to determine whether they want to involve admins, or even for them to have access.

I'm glad we can have this kind of discussion while being civilised. That's precisely what we need right now.
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Ive always been ok with admin access... Its when one puts input where its not asked that I have the problem. Not saying a once or twice in a while kinda thing, but a constant adding their 2 cents where it isnt wanted/asked for.

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus