Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The South Pacific: A History
I couldn't find this in my searching of the forums so I'm assuming such a page either doesn't exist or is buried somewhere.

1.  Who have the last 10-25 delegates been for TSP?

2.  What is the role of the delegate and what NS powers and forum powers do they have?

3.  In addition to Milograd, have there been any other coups, recalls, resignations or other events of note in delegate history?

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Quote:1.  Who have the last 10-25 delegates been for TSP?
According to this:

July 2006 - December 2009 - Fudgetopia

December 2009 - June 2011 - Southern Bellz (interrupted for 2 days by a coup in May 2011)

June 2011 - August 2011 - Topid/Daynor

August 2011 - Dec 2011 - Belschaft

December 2011 - December 2012 - Hileville

December 2012 - March 2013 - Milograd

March 2013 - April 2013 - Brutland and Norden

April 2013 - Milograd (coup)

May 2013 - June 2013 - Brutland and Norden

There are no records from before Fudgie, but I think the NSWiki page has something:

New Ali (couper?), Killer Monkeys, Goddessness, The XYZ Affair (couper?), the Fathoms Below, Garylandia, Gatren, AlphaC, Lady Rebels, THE MATT-DUCK, The Shaft (htz3 here in the TSP forums), Caer Rialis (April 2006 - July 2006)

I'm not sure whether this is complete or true, perhaps tsunamy or Fudgie can confirm/correct the list of delegates before 2006.

Quote:2.  What is the role of the delegate and what NS powers and forum powers do they have?
In-game, the delegate of a founderless region such as TSP:

1. Eject or eject+ban nations in the region (as influence permits)

2. Suppress posts in the Regional Message Board

3. Edit the regional World Factbook Entry

4. Change the flag, edit the regional tags

5. Accept, reject, or propose in-game embassies

6. Approve World Assembly proposals so they can reach quorum

7. Cast the regional vote in the World Assembly

8. Send mass telegrams to the region 26 hours after assuming the delegacy.

Those are the huge powers that the delegate has, and as you can see, it can be used and abused, that's why we have to vote and select our delegates wisely. Wink

Quote:3.  In addition to Milograd, have there been any other coups, recalls, resignations or other events of note in delegate history?
In my seven years in TSP there has only been another coup, perpetrated by Devonitians/Sedgistan (yes, the NS moderator, of all people) in May 2011. He tarted the entire region for endorsements, saying that he was endorsing for friendship, but in actuality, he was endorsing to gain the delegacy. He surpassed in endo count Southern Bellz, then the legal delegate of TSP, for two days. During those two days he suppressed posts in the RMB. I'm not sure if he expelled natives. Perhaps the others can fill you in about this. (I was inactive at that time due to RL issues, and only knew about it halfway into the coup.)
Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
The wikia page has a list of every delegate. Dates were not put in there.

EDIT:  http://thesouthpacific.wikia.com/wiki/The_South_Pacific

The above link has been kept a bit more accurate than the NS Wiki sites.

B&N, thank you so much! 

Hile, is there a term limit for Delegates (like 2 for Presidents?)

Also, Hile, when I try to make an NSWiki account it gives me this error:

Login error

Your IP address is listed as an open proxy in the DNSBL used by NSwiki. You cannot create an account

Does this mean I can't make edits or add articles?

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Escade" data-cid="101814" data-time="1370630049">
3.  In addition to Milograd, have there been any other coups, recalls, resignations or other events of note in delegate history?
In my seven years in TSP there has only been another coup, perpetrated by Devonitians/Sedgistan (yes, the NS moderator, of all people) in May 2011. He tarted the entire region for endorsements, saying that he was endorsing for friendship, but in actuality, he was endorsing to gain the delegacy. He surpassed in endo count Southern Bellz, then the legal delegate of TSP, for two days. During those two days he suppressed posts in the RMB. I'm not sure if he expelled natives. Perhaps the others can fill you in about this. (I was inactive at that time due to RL issues, and only knew about it halfway into the coup.)

</blockquote>
(bold my emphasis)

Yes. He expelled some, though, to my knowledge, not many. I had just gotten into the game, and I was ejected to TRR, and came back after he left. Smile
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Sedge didn't have any influence worth talking about on Devonitians and as such couldn't eject many natives or purge the region. Most of the people who he ejected were newly arrived or created, mainly involved in FRA lib attempts. To the best of my knowledge Milograd's coup was the first time TSP had been purged in ten years, and the first time since the Coalition was established.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
The scariest thing is that while reading Carta's posts, some of them seem very rational.  Like where is the sign of simmering serial killer underneath? Or perhaps the coup was a viral marketing scheme for the movie The Purge? :p

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Quote:The scariest thing is that while reading Carta's posts, some of them seem very rational.  Like where is the sign of simmering serial killer underneath? Or perhaps the coup was a viral marketing scheme for the movie The Purge? Tongue

When I read all that propaganda, plus the continuous rape of the word "oligarchy" and everything...I soon understand this coup was something we can call Milo's wet dream.

[right]2003-2013 - 10 years in NationStates[/right]
[right]Godkitten of the TSP Cat Mafia®[/right]

[center][nation]Lands of Headington[/nation](main) | [nation]Headingtonia[/nation] | [nation]Foggy Island[/nation] (WA) | [nation]Ambrosius Aurelianus[/nation] | [nation]Loh[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Windward Islands[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Leeward Islands[/nation][/center]
[center][Image: Udpate-1.png][/center]
Loh, I'm talking about the pre-coup posts. Carta seems to have been on here a while before that. 

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Quote:Loh, I'm talking about the pre-coup posts.
I know, I was just adding my two cookies cents.

[right]2003-2013 - 10 years in NationStates[/right]
[right]Godkitten of the TSP Cat Mafia®[/right]

[center][nation]Lands of Headington[/nation](main) | [nation]Headingtonia[/nation] | [nation]Foggy Island[/nation] (WA) | [nation]Ambrosius Aurelianus[/nation] | [nation]Loh[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Windward Islands[/nation] | [nation]Cattish Leeward Islands[/nation][/center]
[center][Image: Udpate-1.png][/center]
now i feel old recognizing  almost all of the delegates that served

I'm curious...was there a government (besides just the Delegate) before the Coalition?

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Not a proper one that I am aware of, at least in the modern NS sense. The Coalition was the first forum based GCR government in NS. I'm sure there was some kind of government however, though little more than an autocracy; for a period of time TSP was under the control of a UCR military alliance called the Atlantic Central Command. The Coalition was formed under it's nominal suzerainty until Lady Rebels declared independence.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

Most interesting.

I wonder how exactly would have been TSP when it was first created. Must have been somehow interesting, specially to be there at the time when the Coalition was born.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
I'm doing some research on TSP's history and I was wondering...when exactly was the Coalition established?

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

May/June 2003.

really?! a mod couped TSP?!

also, what was the government of TSP like before the coalition?

Quote:really?! a mod couped TSP?!

Perhaps only tsunamy can answer your question accurately. Almost all of us here now weren't around in 2003. Fudgie did answer quite a few of my questions, but she arrived a month after the coalition was established.

Sedge did coup TSP before he was a game mod.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Liberatia" data-cid="106628" data-time="1382131517">

</blockquote>

Really? For some reason I thought it was right after he became a mod...you may be right though.
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Hileville" data-cid="106655" data-time="1382211151">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Liberatia" data-cid="106628" data-time="1382131517">

</blockquote>

Really? For some reason I thought it was right after he became a mod...you may be right though.

</div>
</blockquote>
He was promoted to game mod some time after the coup (Nov 2011 I think). During the time of the coup he was a forum mod.

Quote:also, what was the government of TSP like before the coalition?

To be completely honest -- I've been talking to Kris a bit about this -- I have no a clue what the government was like before the coalition. I had only started playing when The XYZ Affair took over -- and had just starting writing for the SPIN. When The XYZ Affair took over from Killer Monkeys, most of the older people moved on. Shortly after, I started the forums and stuck around with Geo until The Fathoms Below overtook The XYZ Affair.

I *imagine* the previous government looked not all that much different that ours ... primarily because I can't imagine we wrote an entirely new charter back in the day. It's too bad there isn't someone around with a better memory than me. :blink:
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

Quote: 

Shortly after, I started the forums and stuck around with Geo until The Fathoms Below overtook The XYZ Affair
Geo -- as in Geomania? (The fact that I can recall old names makes me feel old. :/ )
Quote: 

Geo -- as in Geomania? (The fact that I can recall old names makes me feel old. :/ )

Ha yes! When typed that I was wondering if anyone way going to know that. He's not still around is he?
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

No idea, but at least he's not around as Geomania. One of the longest serving MoFAs of the region, after Mavenu I think.

Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator