Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antariel announces delegate candidacy
With a new round of delegate elections on its way, ANT can exclusively reveal that Antariel is planning to take part, under the catchy slogan 'DelegANT 2013: Let me be your Queen!'.

No, wait, scratch that last part. I'm male.

Ah, OK; 'DelegANT 2013: I'll crawl around in the dirt for YOU!'

OK, I'm firing my campaign team. What do you mean, it's basically just me? Oh for the love of-

Regardless of the current slogan issues, I'm really committed to this bid for the delegacy, in order to make TSP a more open community, widen our contacts across Nationstates, and make our legal procedures more straightforward and effective. More detailed platform is coming soon, but for now, I'd just like you all to know that even though I'm not going to be MoFA, I'm still going to be doing my darndest to be an active member of this proud region! Big Grin

DelegANT 2013: His Mighty Trunk Shall Guide the Way!' *Sound of a shotgun being fired, reloaded, and fired again*

Oh, and if anyone has a better campaign slogan, please let me know! Tongue
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
`If voting for me is Wrong, then you don’t want to be Right!`

:lol:
So ... not to be this guy ... but which election is this declaration for? August?
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

The special one that isn't officially scheduled or enabled yet but starts next Saturday.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Quote:The special one that isn't officially scheduled or enabled yet but starts next Saturday.

I was being sarcastic. I know well which election Ant's talking about.

However, I thought the idea of having another election needed to be put up for a vote since it wasn't a regularly scheduled election? Or am I off-base with that?

Should I be announcing my candidacy, too? We don't want some people to have an unfair campaign advantage.
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

I sort of had to announce to stop people RONNING to get me into MoFA. Plus Hile mentioned it in another thread. I'm not planning on putting up a full platform until the weekend, if that helps, Tsu. Gentleman's agreement just to announce and that's it for now?
New Southern Army Member
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
Quote:I sort of had to announce to stop people RONNING to get me into MoFA. Plus Hile mentioned it in another thread. I'm not planning on putting up a full platform until the weekend, if that helps, Tsu. Gentleman's agreement just to announce and that's it for now?

I mean ... that still doesn't address the issue that the election may not even happen ... unless I'm missing something under the laws.
===

-tsu

Do you guys not have procedures for a "vote of no confidence" in your cabinet/government then?

:blink:
Quote:Do you guys not have procedures for a "vote of no confidence" in your cabinet/government then?

You might have to be more specific. Do you mean "recalling" someone?
===

-tsu

*Cough* It's going to happen at some point. And I didn't say when, Bels did Tongue Suffice to say, I'll be standing at the next election.

@Letoile; I'm sure they will have been removed by the recent Great Council if we had any Tongue It seems to have undone various sensible provisions.

The issue is that in theory if BN were to quit, Hile would automatically become delegate; the Charter as it stands requires this, and doesnt' allow for a new election. Thus there has to be a piece of enabling legislation to let an election actually happen outside the normal term structure. Apparently this change to the system was deliberate, even if I think it is silly.
New Southern Army Member
Quote:*Cough* It's going to happen at some point. And I didn't say when, Bels did Tongue Suffice to say, I'll be standing at the next election.

Oh the irony in this statement ...

I'm simply reminding everyone that perhaps we shouldn't be counting on an election that may or may not even happen.
===

-tsu

Quote: 
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Letoilenoir" data-cid="100620" data-time="1369589425"><div>Do you guys not have procedures for a "vote of no confidence" in your cabinet/government then?

</div></blockquote>No I mean when the Region (those Represented) believe that The Coalition(those Representing) are no longer Representing their best interests and wishes- in such circumstances it would be expedient to call a general election to decide whether the incumbent does indeed have a mandate from the majority they represent, or whether an alternative candidate would be acceptable to the electorate 

Unfortunately without such a mechanism in The Coalitions legislature, the only way that The Region can bring about a change in those representing them is insurrection

Additionally, it would probably require a Constitutional  structure that permitted an Opposition to the Establishment, something which The Coalition seems reluctant to embrace at this time
Quote: 
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="tsunamy" data-cid="100621" data-time="1369589660"><div> 
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Letoilenoir" data-cid="100620" data-time="1369589425"><div>Do you guys not have procedures for a "vote of no confidence" in your cabinet/government then?

</div></blockquote>No I mean when the Region (those Represented) believe that The Coalition(those Representing) are no longer Representing their best interests and wishes- in such circumstances it would be expedient to call a general election to decide wheter the incumbent wdoes indeed have a mandate from the majority they represent

Unfortunately without such a mechanism in The Coalitions legislature, the only way that The Region can bring about a change in those representing them is insurrection

</div></blockquote>Such a mechanism exists. It's called a Great Council. We had one early this year.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

Quote: 
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Letoilenoir" data-cid="100627" data-time="1369591836"><div> 
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="tsunamy" data-cid="100621" data-time="1369589660"><div> 

</div></blockquote>No I mean when the Region (those Represented) believe that The Coalition(those Representing) are no longer Representing their best interests and wishes- in such circumstances it would be expedient to call a general election to decide wheter the incumbent wdoes indeed have a mandate from the majority they represent

</div></blockquote>Such a mechanism exists. It's called a Great Council. We had one early this year.

</div></blockquote>So why is it not a permanent vehicle for debate, open to all interested parties rather than the in-camera process you seem to have adopted?
Quote: 
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Belschaft" data-cid="100628" data-time="1369592023"><div> 
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Letoilenoir" data-cid="100627" data-time="1369591836"><div> 

</div></blockquote>So why is it not a permanent vehicle for debate, open to all interested parties rather than the in-camera process you seem to have adopted?

</div></blockquote>The Assembly isn't in-camera. Anyone can view it's deliberations, but participation is only available to those who register for access. In much the same way I can attend a session of parliament from the gallery, but don't get to shout in the chamber and join in the debate.

You are also misconstruing the relation between The Coalition and the Government. They are not one and the same. 'The Coalition of The South Pacific' is the long form name for the Region, in much the same way that Japan is called 'The State of Japan' and Germany 'The Federal Republic of Germany'. Any government official can be recalled by the Assembly. The regions form of government itself can be changed by a Great Council.

I will concede that the term in camera may have been inaccurate however, the question still remains why citizenship approval is in the hands of a GOVERNMENT official rather than a CIVIL SERVICE department

Under the present Administration there is a very real possibility that this authority could be abused for political reasons rather than security reasons - anyone that does not conform to the existing governments world view can be denied citizenship

Like the Judiciary, the Immigration Service should be impartial and apolitical - it may enforce policy but should not determine policy - whilst the decision lies with an acting Government minister, that impartiality remains suspect at bestl

Qualifying for Citizenship should be a matter of Legislation not Political affiliation
There is no government minister in charge of immigration. Citizenship registration is under the control of forum Administration, not the government. There's some crossover currently, but the two are not the same. Admin serves as the regions civil service, as it's the only group capable of changing masking, doing IP checks or accessing the ACP in general. I also invite you point out to me a single case of admin malpractice in regards to citizenship registration.

Really, I'd have more time for you if you weren't talking out of your arse.

I had heard that TSP was a welcoming and helpful - obviously I was misinformed

If the clear conflict of interests of having your Vice Delegate also be in charge of Immigration AND being root admin of your forum are not obvious, then the present Administration's capability to govern is brought into further doubt - a rogue Admin can do a hell of a lot more damage to a community than a roque delegate

The other thing to note is that this forum only has credibility as long as the Region permits it to handle it affairs - had Milograds regime managed to establish its forum and attract enough resident nations to become citizens to the point where they surpassed the number presently recognised here then their claim to be the rightful representatives of the region would have been just as valid as the Coalitions claim

By failing to recognise the Realpolitik of NS, and by alienating those who genuinely wish to make TSP a democratic beacon in the darkness of Tyrannies that proliferate in NS, you are at risk of  plunging TSP into a Dark Age of suspicion and fear

Sooner or later another Milograd or Devontonian will come along, and failing to engage those residents who should be the bedrock of your legitimacy may mean that the next time around The Coalition will not recover.

Continue to show residents of TSP the disdain that has been evident over the past few weeks and they may just decide that The Coalition does not promise a good return on their investment

The more engaged members you can attract, the stronger TSP/Coalition becomes to resist such assaults - is that not worth relinquishing the aristocratic and elitist control of the Government? 

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.nationstates.net/page=/region=the_south_pacific/page=display_region_rmb?start=35750'>[font="Verdana, Tahoma;font-size:13.513513565063477px;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);"]"my nation resides in TSP and I feel that's all the 'citizenship' that should be required of me. On the other hand, I don't mind having to get 'membership' in order to 'join' any kind of organization, whether it calls itself a government or a secret society or a chess club. But not joining does not make me any less a nation of The South Pacific."[/font]</a>

[nation]The Maltese Falcon[/nation]

These are the people you should be getting on board - their WA support in the event of another coup could be the difference between defeat and survival.

Or perhaps the current Establishment went to Eton?

[font="Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:15px;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);"]<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/05/eton-scholarship-question-how-british-elite-are-trained-think'>" if you want to be part of the ruling elite, you have to share our values, and one of those values is maintaining power at any cost, even if it involves defending the indefensible.</a>"[/font]
I'm sorry but again it seems that this topic has gotten OFF topic. Can we PLEASE do a better job of working on that? Thanks Smile 
Yes. Let's talk about me Tongue
New Southern Army Member
Bahahaha you are quite simply a RIOT Ant. 

Well done. Good luck!
I'd like to publicly declare my support for Antariel as Delegate of The South Pacific once again!

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Thanks, gang Smile
New Southern Army Member
DelegANT 2013 - For some new DelegAntics.

And I concur with Awe.
McMasterdonia: [background=rgb(221,221,221)]*coughs meaningfully*[/background]
As do I.

TSP Deputy Minister Of Foreign Affairs (DoFA)

TSP Ambassador To The East Pacific

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

TSP Ambassador To The Rejected Realms

Europeian Citizens' Assembly Associate Member

Do you want somebody murdered?

(Then don't call GE's General Services
)

But, for any other job, dial
HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

[Image: 20QJ0.png]