Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabinet Statements
I just have a few short things to bring up (and to the delegate is where they seem to fit best).

<ul class='bbcol decimal'>

[*]Why cant we, the citizens of TSP, be able to have the cabinet statements before they are thrown out into the rest of NS? For one, I think that the citizens (and even non-citizens) should be graced with that statement before the rest of NationStates? 

[*]Can we find a better place to post these statements besides SPINN? I feel they are buried there. Maybe in the "Offices of the Cabinet" section? (just throwing ideas out there...)

[/list]
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

2.  That could be possible now.  Before we didn't have the forum structure setup for that.  I think I would need to tweak a setting but I am for this idea.  I went ahead and moved some of the cabinet statements over the last year or so to the Offices of the Cabinet area.  Let me know what you think.
Generally speaking most of the Cabinet statements we've issued recently have been foreign affairs focused, and intended in a considerable degree for foreign consumption.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Quote:2.  That could be possible now.  Before we didn't have the forum structure setup for that.  I think I would need to tweak a setting but I am for this idea.  I went ahead and moved some of the cabinet statements over the last year or so to the Offices of the Cabinet area.  Let me know what you think.

Thanks, Hile. I think thats the best place for them at the moment, since they are cabinet statements...

Quote:Generally speaking most of the Cabinet statements we've issued recently have been foreign affairs focused, and intended in a considerable degree for foreign consumption.

Understood. But I think that us here in the regional forums should be privy to these statements before (or at least at the same time) they are released to ambassadors. I'm not exactly happy to have to read the source code in the MoFA Office to know that MY government has released a statement.

Forum Administrator

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Quote: 
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Hileville" data-cid="99188" data-time="1368393821"><div>2.  That could be possible now.  Before we didn't have the forum structure setup for that.  I think I would need to tweak a setting but I am for this idea.  I went ahead and moved some of the cabinet statements over the last year or so to the Offices of the Cabinet area.  Let me know what you think.

Thanks, Hile. I think thats the best place for them at the moment, since they are cabinet statements...

Quote:Generally speaking most of the Cabinet statements we've issued recently have been foreign affairs focused, and intended in a considerable degree for foreign consumption.

Understood. But I think that us here in the regional forums should be privy to these statements before (or at least at the same time) they are released to ambassadors. I'm not exactly happy to have to read the source code in the MoFA Office to know that MY government has released a statement.

</div></blockquote> 
The statements were all posted in SPINN before the post in MoFA was made.  I know I made sure that the SPINN post came at the same time if not a couple minutes before the post in the NS forums.

But it does make sense to use the Cabinet area for these things now that we have a unified forum structure for the cabinet.
I dont usually read SPINN right away... Just the "important" parts; Cabinet & Assembly stuff. I saw the statements in the FA office first.

Forum Administrator

If you're active in other regions, you're just as likely to see it there first as here.  If minutes is the only difference, ya might as well post it somewhere else first.

TSP Deputy Minister Of Foreign Affairs (DoFA)

TSP Ambassador To The East Pacific

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

TSP Ambassador To The Rejected Realms

Europeian Citizens' Assembly Associate Member

Do you want somebody murdered?

(Then don't call GE's General Services
)

But, for any other job, dial
HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

[Image: 20QJ0.png]

Im not active in ANY other regions. TSP is my home, and I dont plan on changing that any time soon.

Itd just be nice to have Cabinet statements, FA centered or not, released to TSP before they go out to other regions. Itd be nice to know what my government thinks before the rest of NS does.  No bash of the cabinet intended, just my thoughts on the matter.  Smile

Forum Administrator

I agree.  That way they don't make rash decisions, like declarin' Gatesville a 'hostile entity,' only to havta backpedal the second the rest of the region, much less the rest of the world, see that statement.  That's just embarrassin'.

TSP Deputy Minister Of Foreign Affairs (DoFA)

TSP Ambassador To The East Pacific

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

TSP Ambassador To The Rejected Realms

Europeian Citizens' Assembly Associate Member

Do you want somebody murdered?

(Then don't call GE's General Services
)

But, for any other job, dial
HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

[Image: 20QJ0.png]