Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laz
I don't know if we want to push our treaties just yet to see how much they actually mean but we are in a Treaty with Lazarus that has a harbour clause.  My perceived meaning of said clause may be different than others.  But Milo is a member of the Emerald Council in Laz.

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/93-lazarus-tsp-treaty/'>http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/93-lazarus-tsp-treaty/</a>
Feux is a NPO Senator. I doubt we'd get anywhere pushing that clause, so I wouldn't.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Victoria of TNI and former Del of Laz is already pushing this. I was unaware at the time I posted but she doesn't expect it to end well. She believes they are in direct violation of the treaty.
heronlord approached me about this.  Laz wanted to know if we are officially asking form him to be removed.  I advised at this time the Cabinet has not discussed the matter.

He also noted that if the Cabinet would request it they would have to vote on it which requires 75% in favor.  If they didn't get that they would then consider the treaty null and void.
I hate no harbour clauses, always have. We are nominally in breach of our treaty with Balder by harbouring me, so really I don't think we should make a deal regarding Milo with Laz.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

I'd honestly like to see it chased. What's the point of working towards these types of deals or friendships if we don't roll them out on the rare case they would help?
Does trying to have Milograd thrown out of Lazarus, which is unlikely (as no harbor clauses are actually awful) and will probably lead to the treaty being broken, gain us anything?

Shits and giggles, and an adherence to treaties / interest in foreign policy which is normally absent.
I dunno, it basically hurts the TSP/Laz relationship for no need. They came to our aid without prompting when we needed them - they declared for us before I had time to talk to them - and it seems cheap to embarrass them by trying to make them do something they don't want to do, and then force them to breach the treaty.

I don't see any need right now for Laz to do it. Can we amend the treaty, though?
Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
We could send a note telling Lazarus that under our new Charter that clause is 'unconstitutional' and request their agreement to remove it. That saves Lazarus internal grief.

* Topid grumbles.

I'm just gonna start voting against treaties. ^.^
Quote:We could send a note telling Lazarus that under our new Charter that clause is 'unconstitutional' and request their agreement to remove it. That saves Lazarus internal grief.
Do not like that idea. We have that clause in almost all of our treaties.

That is the same clause that has Milo as Persona non grata in TNP and Osi at this point in time.

You wouldn't fall under that clause in Balder as it was an administrative ban.
Let them make the choice. It shows that they value a treaty with us over Milograd
FYI, that clause *is* grossly illegal in TSP. If someone ever asks us to invoke it we're fucked.