Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Endorsement Cap
As Vice Delegate and Chair of this fine Institution I figured I would bring up the discussion on the endorsement cap.  We as a body have to determine what the endorsement cap should be from this point forward.

Right now B&N has it set at 150.  Some have suggested on the RMB a much higher cap would be better.  I am of the belief that based on the amount of endorsements B&N and I have right now it shouldn't be any lower than what it is currently set as.

At the time of this post B&N has 368 endorsements which means the cap is currently set at just over 40% of total endorsements on the Delegate.

I currently have 243 endorsements which means the cap is currently set at just over 61% of total endorsements on the Vice Delegate.

A slightly higher cap wouldn't hurt us at this point either.  I wouldn't go any higher than 180 at the present time and would probably look more favorably on a cap of 175.

This is now open for discussion.
The present cap of 150 makes us by far the most permissive GCR on this notably farcical scale. Raising it any higher than that is not something I can support; making security policy according to populist nonsense being spread by TWP and unreformed Milograd supporters is not a good idea.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
It has nothing to do with populist nonsense.  It has everything to do with our endocap and what it was originally established to do.  The original endocap was set at 100 with a strong reccommendation that the endocap stay between 50%-70% of the Delegates endorsement count.

I don't believe it would hurt us to be a little higher.  I certainly don't believe it should be any lower.
I'm happy to boost it to 175.
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
150-175 sounds reasonable
I Like 150. Its Nice And Even.
I favour maintaining the current level of 150.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

I propose in light of the GV declaration we lower the cap to 125 and give nations a few days to come into compliance.
I support such a move.

Edit: Actually, this is premature. So long as the delegate has 300+ then 150 is fine.

To get ahead of the upcoming game changes shall we discuss a lower endorsement cap?

Lowering it is the only option I see. And I say this just based on our current situation.

Our Delegate has just over 200 endorsements, our cap is set at 150.

We have at least one person with more endorsements than the Vice Delegate. VD has 128

So based on our current endorsement cap, people can have more endorsements that our own VD and fall within 65 of the Delegate.
Obviously I am very much <a class="bbc_url" href='http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/5260-ideas-to-improve-long-term-security/?p=105773'>in favor of lowering the endo cap</a>. We are currently at war with another region, and so the threats to us is primarily <a class="bbc_url" href='http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/5260-ideas-to-improve-long-term-security/?p=105799'>external</a> in nature, which would necessitate a lower endo cap.

I am in favor of lowering the endocap (prolly to 100), before the gameplay changes kick in so that we have a bit of a headstart. Honestly I am not a fan of those changes, because they seem to satisfy only those vocal few who like to do gameplay, while ignoring that a huge chunk of the inhabitants of the feeder regions just want to be left alone.

Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
I actually think we should consider promoting cross endorsing, raising influence of our residents thus preventing mass damage in coups

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

I think right now we need to start working on lowering the cap and play around with it a bit until we see what the effects of the influence change (which has now been implemented) are.  I would say lowering the cap down to 100 over a couple week period would be a start. 

Something like 125 effective a week after the announcement and then 100 the following week.

Poke
I'm comfortable with the endorsement cap at 150. If we compare the experiences of the Dourian and Milograd coups, we can clearly see that the larger number of high endorsement/high influence nations in TSP was the key factor in being able to achieve a military victory. A high cap helps secure us against internal threats - ie, me going rogue - whereas a low one works against external threats.

If the endocap will remain at 150, I think the CSS members should be over the cap, because with the new rules in place making endo counts more important than length of stay, CSS members should gain/retain influence faster. *looks at his count* The difficulty is, despite having endorsed the entire region, the return rate is a paltry one - I have been stuck at the 110-120 level since August. Some help from the delegate would help? Wink Perhaps putting CSS members' names on the WFE for some time (just like what TWP and TEP does) or encouraging TSPers to endorse/check if they have endorsed the delegate, vice-delegate, and CSS members in the next mass telegram to the region (if there will be an upcoming regional telegram/update/state of the region address or anything like it).

I'm not sure adding the CSS to the WFE would be effective; Rebels is only on 138. Escade on the other hand has made it to 148, third in the region.

Those of you running NS++ can look over the individual stats for everyone via variants of this link.

Quote:I'm not sure adding the CSS to the WFE would be effective; Rebels is only on 138. Escade on the other hand has made it to 148, third in the region.

Perhaps the second option is more viable. IMHO, the probable reason why I'm stuck at that level (and Hileville, too), is that we left the WA temporarily and then rejoined; the oldies who used to endorse us might have not noticed (and thus thought they are still endorsing us), or something like that. Smile
Possibly. NS++ generates a list of everyone in the region not endorsing you, so you can try targeting them individually.

What is this NS++
How do you get that list from ns++?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Go to your nation page, click on the world assembly link on it, the endorsements.

I'd like to revisit the endo cap issue. 

My current endo count is 215 and it has stayed in this range (give or take a few) since I became delegate.

I'd like to lower the endo cap for non-CSS residents from 150 to 125 or so.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Who is currently between 125 and 150?