Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSS Nomination: Aramanchovia
Hello Assembly,

I'd like to nominate Aramanchovia for entry into the Committee for State Security. Aramanchovia is an active TSPer on the RMB and the forums and has offered helpful advice to me several times which I appreciate.

This is the time for us to work on recognizing members who are active and positive forces in the region and give them the responsibility and honor of helping protect the South Pacific. 

Thank you,

Escade

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Thanks for the nomination Escade. I'm honored and more than willing to accept if others believe I would be a good candidate.

Happy to answer any queries any of you may have. I know I'm not super active here on the forum, mostly posting the daily WA ranking updates, however I always try to do what is best for the region and post more frequently on the RMB.
In the short time I have been here Fu-Manchu-tovia has been one of the few players I have actually started to get a feel for. He seems pretty active on the RMB and is the only one who lends any actual structure to the WA ranking threads. His ability at the ranking aspect of gameplay shows he has an above average grasp of this game.

Arran-the-man-tovia is one of the few CSS nominees I feel confident in voting for rather than abstaining from lack of knowledge.
While it's great to recognize those who contribute on-site on the RMB, and on these forums, does this nominee have any security experience? What is their influence and endorsement level?

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

Aramanchovia has 148 endorsements and 233 SPDR.
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
To follow on from that, I have maintained a high level of endorsements since April last year. Prior to Milograd's coup, I had around 40 endorsements. Once Milograd decided to remove the endorsement cap, I decided to use it to my advantage and endorsed all other WA members, keeping track of all those that joined and endorsed most within minutes of joining the WA. I had the 5th most endorsements without sending a single TG for a while then, even more than some nations who were being pushed for everyone to endorse. I've been in the top 10-15 in the region for endorsements ever since. I have the most endorsements of any non CSS member, and am probably top 20 in the region for influence (can't check that easily on my mobile).

I will admit, I'm not as well known as most of the others, this is not always a bad thing. I've been in TSP since I joined the site a few years ago, never left, think I'm in the top 80 for length of time in the region.
Quote:While it's great to recognize those who contribute on-site on the RMB, and on these forums, does this nominee have any security experience? What is their influence and endorsement level?
Direct security experience is useful, but not mandatory for CSS members. B&N, for example, had no security or regional government experience when he became a Vice-Delegate and later a CSS member. What B&N had, and what Aram has, is a high influence and endorsement level combined with a long term commitment to TSP.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Quote:Direct security experience is useful, but not mandatory for CSS members. B&N, for example, had no security or regional government experience when he became a Vice-Delegate and later a CSS member. What B&N had, and what Aram has, is a high influence and endorsement level combined with a long term commitment to TSP.

I'm just looking for any security experience. All other members of the CSS are visible members of the community. I don't know anything about this person. While extensive security experience isn't a pre-requisite to CSS membership, neither does having a high number of endorsements automatically make one a good candidate. CSS members are very powerful, so there has to be a level of trust built up before somebody becomes a member. Personally, I don't know who Aram is, so I'm uncomfortable confirming them.
[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

I agree with Glen-Rhodes on this.

Cormac Somerset

[Image: cormacshield.png]

The Brotherhood of Malice

General and Outside World Manager

"Defenderism is dead activity, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living activity, and lives the more, the more activity it sucks." - Me (paraphrasing Karl Marx)

While I don't know about security experience itself since I learned more about it on the job myself, I did want to mention that Hileville originally contacted and proposed the addition of Aramanchovia to the CSS.  

I then followed up and found him to be a positive individual who alerted me a few times when nations were reaching a high endorsement count very quickly or he sent me messages about the regional TG and how to make it more newbie friendly and thing like that.

All of the other members that I nominated so far (or followed up on the recommendations of the CSS ) and now Aramanchovia are meant to beef up the CSS.  My goal is to have a solid 10-12 members which will help cover the 3-4 who may be either less active (like Fudgie) or need mobile WAs (such as the NSA members) from time to time. 

With this kind of constant threat and paranoia about coups that is extremely detrimental to TSP's positive growth, a strong CSS of let's say 12 members should provide the kind of strong security that either greatly reduces or even perhaps takes off the table the fear mongering. 

While it may seem like taking a chance to some, considering his long history and relation with other CSS members I think Aramanchovia would be a great addition and have a lot to add to the committee.  

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Hi Aramanchovia nice to meet you.

If you are voted in as a member of the CSS, what would be one of your goals?

TSP's Prodigal Son.

Citizen

From the old TSP Boards....
Quote:
Punk D
May 17 2004, 06:07 AM Post #1
Ok...as I have entered my late twenties (27 in a few months, actually my birth date is *gulp* 9/11) I have been the *youngest* for so long.

But as I'm reading through many of these threads many of you are high school, in college, just graduating college, etc. I think Lady Rebels has some older children so I'm hoping she has some years on me   Big Grin , but can someone make me feel good by saying they're older than me?

*needing validation that 1977 was not that long ago*

Quote:Hi Aramanchovia
nice to meet you.

If you are voted in as a member of the CSS, what would be one of your goals?

Thanks for the question. Obviously the main goal of the CSS is to ensure the stability of the region - I am fully dedicated to the region and want to see it stay as a great place to be. Instability kills the region - any time there's a bit of unrest, it's not the welcoming friendly region we all love. I believe I'd be an asset to a wider CSS as I think one thing that may be an issue with the current CSS members is that the majority are based in the Americas or Europe. I'm from Australia and I'm often around when the majority of the CSS will not be. Sure the site may be quieter at this time, but if someone does start playing up, it would be good to have someone trusted around who can quickly respond - not sure this is always the case.

Sure, I can't do much here on the forums, most CSS members are either admins or mods, so I may be a bit limited in that respect, but that will be able to be handled when they are around. The main issue is likely to be with the site itself. That is where any issue will probably occur and there I have similar power to anyone else here (except Escade or whoever is the current delegate at any time). Would I be able to respond to anything there? Just as well as anyone else in the region (except the delegate). Do I now then? I don't have the authority to give a government/CSS position, however if I do note something wrong, I will generally alert the region on the RMB, report it to the site mods or send a TG to the delegate/CSS as appropriate. Done so many times previously.

Do I expect unanimous trust here? No. I can see where Glen and others are coming from. I'd probably be as concerned as you are. I am a bit of an unknown quantity. I haven't run for government in the past - as I have never had major issues with those that have ran, I have left it to those with a passion for it. Sure I possibly could have been an assistant for a position, I know that these often go unfilled. Maybe I should have offered. I guess I just don't feel confident enough that I'd be the best person to help out. I do have a bit of a confidence issue. Would I help out if personally requested though? Probably. I would also probably still be concerned I might stuff up. Do I feel this way with the CSS? For some reason, I don't, probably due to unofficially doing a similar role with less responsibility for so long. Would I step up if required? Yeah, I would. If someone does a Milograd again, I'll do whatever I can to stop it, CSS member or not. If that landed me the delegacy by some freak occurrence, I guarantee it'd only be until an officially elected delegate could take over. But yes, I'd be willing to do that if needed for the good of the region.

Hopefully I've answered your question in this long post, if not I apologize. I guess in summary my main goal is to keep TSP the best region it can be. I want to do what is best for the region and if I didn't believe I was capable and a decent candidate for this role, I wouldn't have accepted Escade's nomination. I'll leave it up to the region as to whether they want me as part of the CSS or not. I probably can't do much more to convince anyone either way anyway. I won't be offended if anyone votes against me - that's why we have the voting system. I ask you to vote for what you believe is the best choice for the region, as I would do.
GR and Cormac have a point; how can we trust Aramanchovia if he has never worked in the government in an official capacity? I have never worked with Aramanchovia and I'm not terribly familiar with him and his work for the region. Appointing a relative unknown to the CSS is moderately disconcerting to me, and it should come as little surprise that others share that sentiment.

Here's the thing with that sentiment, though; I'm not sure it's fair to disqualify citizens from posts like this simply because they don't post on the forums that often. Aramanchovia is very active on the RMB, and he has the endorsement of several trusted members of this region. Aramanchovia has a record of assisting in the defense of this region. I don't think that it's a stretch to say that he is a patriot. I honestly am not sold on this nomination, but I am hardly counting Aramanchovia out.

I think Aram's strengths are exactly where some of the other CSS member's are lacking. Begin well-known and active on the RMB makes him both familiar to the vast majority of nations in TSP and also gives the CSS additional eyes and ears within the region.
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

Given the degree of concern this nomination this is causing, it has my enthusiastic support. Good luck!

Vibrant Coconuts

WA Advisor to the The South Pacific

Also known as Gruenberg
, Quintessence of Dust
and The Dark Star Republic

Quote:Given the degree of concern this nomination this is causing, it has my enthusiastic support. Good luck!

Thanks!
Quote:I think Aram's strengths are exactly where some of the other CSS member's are lacking. Begin well-known and active on the RMB makes him both familiar to the vast majority of nations in TSP and also gives the CSS additional eyes and ears within the region.

For these reasons this nomination has my support.

I found Aram's answer to my question all over the place. But all over the place in a good way. 
TSP's Prodigal Son.

Citizen

From the old TSP Boards....
Quote:
Punk D
May 17 2004, 06:07 AM Post #1
Ok...as I have entered my late twenties (27 in a few months, actually my birth date is *gulp* 9/11) I have been the *youngest* for so long.

But as I'm reading through many of these threads many of you are high school, in college, just graduating college, etc. I think Lady Rebels has some older children so I'm hoping she has some years on me   Big Grin , but can someone make me feel good by saying they're older than me?

*needing validation that 1977 was not that long ago*