Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Elections
Now that Milograd has been recalled and the new Charter and Legal Code adopted we need a fresh set of Delegate elections.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Are our election administrators active?
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Under the new charter a moderator/admin not running for office will act as Election Commissioner. It was part of a bureaucracy cutting effort.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

Sweetness! Has the charter officially come into effect?

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Yep.  I will be updating all the links when I get time for it.  I don't plan on running the election as I have not decided if I will run yet.  I will poke the other admins/mods till one of them agrees to do it.
Quote:Yep.  I will be updating all the links when I get time for it.  I don't plan on running the election as I have not decided if I will run yet.  I will poke the other admins/mods till one of them agrees to do it.

I'm willing to run it if need be. I won't be running for anything.
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

We need to decide the specifics of this, due to the ongoing state of war/crisis. B&N is going to need to remain our pointman, even if he doesn't run for election. Best way to handle this would probably be some kind of assembly motion establishing an official state of emergency, and setting out the procedures to handle it.

I think maybe waiting to hold elections till B&N gets the delegacy seems most appropriate, be that through state of emergency legislation or just doing it that way. Tongue
I agree with Topid and Bel. We need to declare state od emergency and hold off elections until this is over
I'd go through with elections anyway. Show that we are still in charge, especially since Milograd is having his bogus election for something on his new forum.

Yeah we can't wait for elections at this point.  Under the new laws a Delegate can call a state of emergency.  This was done at Carta's request.
Elections would show we are stable and strong. It would also be positive activity for newbies to see etc.

I don't know if this is a good idea. I'd personally wait til we get ahold of the delegacy first, then, depending on how long this lasts, either work on revamping our laws or simply go for delegate elections.
I wouldn't. Proceeding like nothing is wrong is the best message we can send the world.

I agree with HEM.
Aiight ... so maybe this is a strange concern ... and perhaps I'm suggesting bit of puppeteering from behind the scenes ... but if we care going to hold elections ... can we make sure Brutland runs for the delegacy?

Unless there's something going down that I'm missing, we're already having issues taking back the delegacy. And if we hold elections and someone else is choosen as delegate ... that can only complicate things.
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

I think there is agreement that Brutland will be the next person to hold the Delegate's chair. But we can elect a delegate in waiting who will serve as Head of Government and eventually take the in-game seat once things stabilize. 

Right now B&N is the name we've been selling to the region, and we have a considerable number of natives outside the government continuing to do that of their own accord. Name recognition is key right now, and I don't want to confuse the message; "Endorse Brutland and Norden so Hileville can become delegate" doesn't make a huge amount of sense to most people.

I know B&N doesn't want to be delegate, so I'm going to suggest B&N/Hile as the ticket, Once control is reestablished B&N can resign and Hile take over. Make sure whoever we want as VD is on the CSS and first in line of succession before then.

I'm sorry but this is just silly, I think. Right now we don't even have control over the delegacy, so our recourse at this time is to get it back. We do that with a bunch of high-influenced guys with many endos and attempt to organize multination attacks just before update while at the same time running endo / unendo campaigns to get the gap smaller.

If we run a del election now, of course the choice will be B&N. If it is, we'll look rather hollow and oblivious to what's going on in the region. If it isn't, we'll be ushering in an entirely new problem: endorsing a guy who's probably got less influence, or less WA's, or might not even be able to be in the region due to being banned from it.

My opinion: stay the course. Once we re-gain the delegacy, then will be the time to pull people back to the forum with the promises of reform, new delegate elections, and maybe some other new things. As things stand right now, our primary objective is getting the delegacy back. Trust me, once we get it back people will remember the forums and remember we're still here. It happened in TEP, and we were entrenched for months.
After reading the Charter again as well as everything we passed during the GC.  Brutland and Norden is the legal Delegate.  He will need to name a Vice Delegate to the Assembly for approval as per the transitional act.
*Cough* would like to be a VD *cough*
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
You can't be a VD and another Cabinet position.
Nerts. When did we agree that? Tongue
New Southern Army Member
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
When we made Vice Delegate a Cabinet position. Tongue
Gods damn.
New Southern Army Member