Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About the recent coup in TSP region
It puzzles me how someone like Carta/Milograd managed to get control of the region so easy. He looks like someone you should not trust from his badges... I mean seriously wasn't some way to prevent a WA Delegate to take control of the region and impose some radical regime change?
Ostracods everywhere!
Carta supported the oligarchy until recently and had a great many friends among the oligarchs.I'm not sure how relevant his condemnations are, it depends on your point of view, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on it.
Expat of TSP since 9th March 2013
Quote:It puzzles me how someone like Carta/Milograd managed to get control of the region so easy. He looks like someone you should not trust from his badges... I mean seriously wasn't some way to prevent a WA Delegate to take control of the region and impose some radical regime change?

Milograd is Carta's main RP nation.  The badges he has are RP related.  Like Sparx said Carta supported this government for 2 years.
Though I reject Sparaxis claim that there is an oligarchy to support. The South Pacific provides opportunity for any player to get involved in it's government.

Milograd was a well regarded and trusted member of this community leading to his election to the position of Delegate on two occasions. While Delegate, he advocated to increase what I would call oligarchic measures - such as the lowering of the endorsement cap to 50 and the transferal of voting to the forum instead of in-game. He is a major hypocrite where that is concerned.
Quote:Carta supported the oligarchy until recently and had a great many friends among the oligarchs.I'm not sure how relevant his condemnations are, it depends on your point of view, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on it.
I have mixed feelings about all what's happening down in TSP region. But let me tell you this, I don't like and won't take something imposed with force, especially a regime change I don't feel affiliated with.
Ostracods everywhere!
Then what feelings are mixed?

TSP Deputy Minister Of Foreign Affairs (DoFA)

TSP Ambassador To The East Pacific

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

TSP Ambassador To The Rejected Realms

Europeian Citizens' Assembly Associate Member

Do you want somebody murdered?

(Then don't call GE's General Services
)

But, for any other job, dial
HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

[Image: 20QJ0.png]

Quote:Then what feelings are mixed?
Of anger I guess...
I mean spend a few years with someone and you think you know them, and they do this... 
I can relate in real life.
Ostracods everywhere!
We are indeed somewhat peeved.
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
Aye, we are all somewhat peeved. 
[center][Image: FF9LRsig.png][/center]
I asked him why he felt the need to betray us all -- never got a response.

Oh well.
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
And you never will, HEM... Ive TG'd him and asked him a million questions on the RMB and got nothing. :unsure:
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

A good friend of mine, [nation]Baroness The Lady Margaret Thatcher[/nation] got roughed up and send to Hospital twice, after speaking out against his policies... apparently, his thugs have to beat up old women in order to feel in control.
[center][Image: FF9LRsig.png][/center]
Quote:I asked him why he felt the need to betray us all -- never got a response.

Oh well.
I talked to him about it in a PM apparently he just got bored. And felt that since it was just a game, could shit on his friends.
Well... he has less friends now than he did 2 weeks ago.
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Quote:Well... he has less friends now than he did 2 weeks ago.
I am sure he will find new ones among the groups that helped his coup however. :mellow:
Or here.

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

)

HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

Quote:I talked to him about it in a PM apparently he just got bored. And felt that since it was just a game, could shit on his friends.
That isn't true.
From what I've seen, it wasn't "easy" at all. Even if he wasn't really intending to coup the region from the start, it took him two years to build up the trust, and then he had to get elected Delegate. Getting elected delegate of a feeder isn't an easy feat. Couple that with all the organizing he had to do for ejections, and the (foreign) support he had to build, as well all the work he had to do to maintain his supporter's interest...

Well, I'm just saying it was probably difficult. But we brought him down, so sorry Carta Tongue

But wait, seriously people are saying they are no longer his friends because of what he did? Seriously guys, this is a game. Friendship should be stronger than what one does in an online game - I have trouble believing anyone was truly his friend before if they weren't afterward.
I think that goes doubly for Carta himself.

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

)

HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

You guys hate Carta because he exposed a weakness in your system? Please, tell me more.
Quote:You guys hate Carta because he exposed a weakness in your system? Please, tell me more.
I wouldn't call building up 2 years of trust and working towards making the region better than deciding to throw all that away a weakness in our system.
It's a weakness in NS' system, not ours. Short of one of us being appointed despot for life it will always be possible for someone to dedicate two years of service to the region, become a valued, trusted member of the community, run in multiple elections, become a forum admin, be appointed vice-delegate, be elected delegate, be elected delegate for a second time, and then get bored and decide to throw that all away for shits and giggles. And even then, the despot could always go rogue.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]